Bounty Hunter Time Ranger

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
There have been improvements to the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, not once, not twice, but 3 times! So there are 4 different Time Rangers. It would be nice if someone could give us the serial numbers for each. I bought used what must have been the first Time Ranger & it usually would not sound off on my 6" deep test dime & when it did it said iron or dollar. My Discovery 3300 & RS "Landstar" did somewhat better. HH, George (MN)

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Long buried coins definately do have something about them that make them ring off better, there is no question about that. If you don't believe the concept, go out and bury a dime at 5 or 6 inches and see what happens. I buried one at 4 inches that was not getting picked up by my 250. Yet I find dimes at 6, even 7 inches on occassion. My former machine, a BH 1100 found a smaller than quarter size NYCTA token at over 7 inches........my 1100 will not do that with a silver quarter in an air test.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about responding so late, but no, my Land Ranger does not have a backlight. The face on the LCD is really easy for me to read even without my reading glasses. I don't know about the time Ranger, it is a step up from my Land Ranger and might have it. I think when BH bought out Fisher it will improve the BH line instead of cheapening the Fisher line. Just my unsolicited opinion. Monty

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I bought a new time ranger 12/06 . After reading the post about the time ranger being upgraded 3 times I was really interested in learning if I got the newest version . I e-mailed F T & they told me the latest version has the P4 preset program . Mine has it . I have seen some on e-bay advertized as new that had external antennas , used C cell batteries ect . These are older versions . New old stock I guess . I know the newer versions have internal antennas , use 9V batteries , has the P 4 preset program & the blanker feature has been changed . I hope all this is correct , if anyone knows more please let us in on it . HH

OP
OP
MAINE HILLS HUNTER

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WV Hillbilly said:
I bought a new time ranger 12/06 . After reading the post about the time ranger being upgraded 3 times I was really interested in learning if I got the newest version . I e-mailed F T & they told me the latest version has the P4 preset program . Mine has it . I have seen some on e-bay advertized as new that had external antennas , used C cell batteries ect . These are older versions . New old stock I guess . I know the newer versions have internal antennas , use 9V batteries , has the P 4 preset program & the blanker feature has been changed . I hope all this is correct , if anyone knows more please let us in on it . HH

I believe you are correct! It is a good machine too!

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
So overall, is everyone happy with their performance they get from their latest version of the Time Ranger and how much did you"s pay for yours ?
Mine is on order and due to arrive next week
Thanks

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Freind of mine has been using a BH Time Ranger for many years now. He's pretty well known throughout the MD world for his advise and experiences on many mid-high end machines also. He has pulled out some really increditable finds with it over the years and his clad count is pretty amazing. His old coin finds aren't anything to sneeze at either.

Any of you doubting your Time Ranger's ability to go deep and find good stuff check out his site. Think you will be amazed at what the Time Ranger and a little experience with with machine can get you. he's find will take away any doubt that this machine can get er done.

http://koloheboy.freehosting.net/

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
why does the time ranger have a readout that goes from 1-299 but the graph shown in the instruction manual only gives the readouts of metals from 1-165.......what is the numbers 166- 299 used for or what type of metals would be identified under those higher numbers??

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Does anyone know when the changes was made to the blanker feature ? My manual says to use the blanker to reject a specific target . In the lower right hand corner it has an accept - reject meter . I saw one on e-bay that said blanker in the same area of the screen with an 0 in the center & the numbers 2 & 4 in the display . The seller said it was 2 years old . Also if you read the online operating instructions on the bounty hunter website it says the blanker cancels out the first 2" of topsoil so you can see below the trash on top . At least that's the way I understood it . I e-mailed F T & they said the latest version had the P4 feature . Seems both mine & the one on e-bay has that feature . Mine was purchased new from Kellyco 12 / 06 . How old is yours & what type of blanker feature does it have ? Thanks

Doc Chocobo

Greenie
Nov 20, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Timeranger
HF9F
Micronta 4003 (way back in the day)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got it a week ago and LOVE it! Anybody else have one of these and if so how do you like it? I am still getting used to all the bells and whistles so I can't tell anyone a lot about the thing other than I have found some deep targets 10-12 inches with dry ground. It seems to have some power.

Can anyone else add more? I would like to see how some other people review this machine.

Ive had mine for a few weeks now, but due to the horrible weather we had, I haven't gotten much time on it. However, the few times I've been out with it, I've really enjoyed using it. I still keep my manual along so that I can figure out the few things that I haven't gotten solid in my head yet, but I never fail to find interesting things on the land. I quickly found that the land is littered with nails, I mean a lot of em', so the four inch coil has become my good friend. It doesn't seem to get as deep, but the stuff I dig up is of more value as far as the metal is concerned.

One crazy thing I discovered is that stuff can exist where you would never know a person walked. I found clad from 1992 and a little further back on fully forested areas on the acreage.

As for the detector itself, the more I use it, the more I like it. I think it was worth what I payed for it and then some. I haven't had a chance to use it in self tuning all metal mode yet, but I will soon remedy that problem :) I originally got it to coin-shoot but really have gotten into just seeing what I can find. It's always cool to dig up some piece of junk or some other thing and wonder about what it might have been used for. The thrill is the same. I guess I'm drifting over and liking relic hunting.

Tons of fun :) You'll have a blast.

jsbelljr83

Greenie
Dec 12, 2015
Pasadena, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just boght a Time Ranger a few weeks ago. I've not had much time to work with it, will do so around Christmas when I'm on vacation.

Doc Chocobo

Greenie
Nov 20, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Timeranger
HF9F
Micronta 4003 (way back in the day)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool beans!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk