Braved The Heat, Sweet Ring Three-Peat!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
95 Degrees with near 100 percent humidity will not stop ol' Sub from digging!
tuskenraider.jpg
Here's a selfie of me dressed for the heat today with my ATPro.

I pulled to a stop where my street hit the main road and thought, "Which way should I go? To a town south or north of me?" Then, like a vision from Heaven, The Cardinal Rule hit me. Actually, a bright red cardinal landed on the street sign next to me, facing south, with its feet on the word "Drive." So, I headed south to the soccer/playing field that gave me lots of goodies last weekend.
I was not disappointed!

I found a pretty silver ring marked "Ster. Copyright. VM" with a really nice grape leaf design. :hello2:
About two feet away from that one, I dug a well-made, but plated "ruby" birthstone ring. About ten feet away from these two I dug a dinky little "ruby" birthstone ring that is made of a metal (zinc) that is deteriorating...:BangHead: I also found a little bling pencil topper in a butterfly motif and a "stained glass :laughing7: " teddy bear pendant.
grapering7.jpg

In three digs at this "hidden" field, I have found 11 rings (2 sterling) and 4 pendants (1 sterling.) Not to mention about $20.00 in clad for charity. As always, thanks for looking and happy hunting to all.

Sub 8-)

Attachments

• grapering1.JPG
    grapering1.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 103
  • grapering2.JPG
    grapering2.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 122
  • grapering3.JPG
    grapering3.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 102
  • grapering4.JPG
    grapering4.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 111
  • grapering5.JPG
    grapering5.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 127
  • grapering6.JPG
    grapering6.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 20

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heck of a job nailing down the ring trifecta in the heat! I like the leaf ring!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings and pendants, great pix! Congrats!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings! I like the one with the leaves the best. :treasurechest::thumbsup:
The only thing I don't understand is why a Tusken Raider such as yourself doesn't just rob and pillage his loot? :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, congrats on all that bling. What do you use to stay hydrated? I use a camel pack if I hunt far away from where I park. If I park close to the site I keep a 6 pack sized cooler full of bottled water, freezer packs and spare batteries.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking collection there. I really like the red! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings! I like the one with the leaves the best. :treasurechest::thumbsup:
The only thing I don't understand is why a Tusken Raider such as yourself doesn't just rob and pillage his loot? :laughing7:

Being a "reformed" raider, I prefer to wander in solitude without criminal activity complicating the hunt...:laughing7: I actually freeze like a deer when cars drive by, as to not attract attention to myself...

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, congrats on all that bling. What do you use to stay hydrated? I use a camel pack if I hunt far away from where I park. If I park close to the site I keep a 6 pack sized cooler full of bottled water, freezer packs and spare batteries.

Loco, Great minds think alike, I have the small cooler with waters and Chrystal Light flavor packs, as well as spare batteries, packed in the truck. And I never wander out of eyesight of the truck, in case I need to defend it from the real raiders...:icon_thumright:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime I see a ring coming out it gives me pause. I just stop and appreciate what I'm able to do.

Let alone three!

WTG!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime I see a ring coming out it gives me pause. I just stop and appreciate what I'm able to do.

Let alone three!

WTG!

I hear ya Whadi, Not to offend anyone, but I usually raise my cool finds to the sky, give a little wink, and quietly say, "Thank you Lord !" Sub 8-)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THE HEAT ELLLLL, YOU MEAN FRYER. ALSO SEE GOT A PIC OF MY LONG AND REALLY,REALLY LOST BROTHER IN LAW O-BA-MUH, YOU KNOW AFTER SEEING ALL THE RINGS ,THAT IS ONE THING I HAVE YET TO FIND AFTER 5 YRS DIGGING, WONDER WHAT THE VDI WOULD BE ON THE MXT PRO RELIC MODE ? COOL JEWELRY,VANZUTPHEN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Some very nice rings...Love red stone rings also!! And I hope this heat lets go soon, not even July yet....

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lovin' the rings, Sub-T! I really like the grapeleaf ring. Well done, sir! In fact, I'm breaking out the elusive, and very high-end "Ring Trifecta Dance," just for you!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well played Sub. Congrats on all of the rings!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With this heat you earned these rings!!

I like all three of them, Congrats!!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovin' the rings, Sub-T! I really like the grapeleaf ring. Well done, sir! In fact, I'm breaking out the elusive, and very high-end "Ring Trifecta Dance," just for you!

OH MY, Higgy! I am awake earlier than my wife and choking back the coffee and laughter after seeing this. I appreciate the kudos! Sub 8-)

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice, like the leafy one, its black hills gold from south dakota, find lots of them here.

Black Hills gold jewelry is a type of jewelry manufactured in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It was first created in the 1870s during the Black Hills Gold Rush by a French goldsmith named Henri LeBeau, who is said to have dreamed about the design after passing out from thirst and starvation. Black Hills gold jewelry depicts leaves, grape clusters and vines, and is made with alloys of gold with standard yellow gold as well as green and pink gold.[1][2] In 1980, the 8th Circuit affirmed an injunction ruling that if a manufacturer was to call its jewelry Black Hills Gold, then it must be made in the Black Hills.[3] The state of South Dakota designated Black Hills gold as the official state jewelry in 1988.[4][5]

The designs use grapes, grape leaves and grape stems and are easily recognizable for their distinctive colors. Silver is alloyed with the yellow gold to produce the green hue, and copper is alloyed with the yellow gold to make the red or pink gold. The jewelry was originally made with South Dakota-mined gold but in more recent years, since the closure of the Homestake Mine, the gold is sourced elsewhere.[6]

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh...Sub, you may want to drink a little more water, you look a little...dry! :icon_scratch:

Nice three ring day! :hello2: You may want to check the two small side stones in the birthstone ring, I had a plated one turn up with chip diamonds in it.

Congrats nice hunt, the cardinal rules! :headbang:

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! I have finding a bunch of pendants lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread