Brevard County, Florida Clubs? or hunters out there?

M

Mud525

I have a pretty good idea of where it fell off. There are even some reeds in the area that act a sort of a landmark. There is prabably a 50 ft. radius that would be the best target, and the water is anywhere from 6 ft. to 15 ft. in the area. Thanks for any assistance.

Aquawoman373

Greenie
Jul 17, 2008
Cape canaveral, FL
Hi, I just found this site.

I am a certified diver interested in going out on the beaches after storms or beach diving south of Sebastian. I've been an amateur treasure diver since I was first certified in '86.

Anyone interested??

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of us local treasure divers on TreasureNet. Most of us hang out on the Shipwreck Forum, and the Beach and Shallow Water Forum. There are a couple of the guys that often invite TreasureNet members to dive with them on some of the shipwreck leases.
Where do you normally hunt, and do you have a underwater detector?

Tom

Aquawoman373

Greenie
Jul 17, 2008
Cape canaveral, FL
I must have been mistakenly told you cannot have an U/W detector unless you were subcontracted on a permitted site. My "expeditions" thus far have been Sebastian and south, beach dives and otherwise. No, I do not have an U/W detector.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are now laws that prohibit you from having, and or diving with an underwater detector. I dive with mine all most all the time, unless I am lobster diving.
However, it is true that you are prohibited from diving within 3000 yards of the shipwreck leases with your detector.

Tom

Aquawoman373

Greenie
Jul 17, 2008
Cape canaveral, FL
Excellent! Thanks for the clarification on that, Tom.

Speaking of clarification... I was at McLarty's Museum a few weeks ago and asked about the exact locations of Fisher's leases. The kindly old lady there told me that ALL submerged land within 1.5 miles of ALL of the Florida peninsula was part of ALL of Fisher's leasehold. I thought that was rather excessive. If this is true, does that mean U/W metal detecting within 1.5 miles of land, in addition to any other particular sites is prohibited??

Have you found any particular brands of detectors superior than others as far as screening out false readings?

I also noticed there will be a seminar on Saturday, August 2 at the Satellite Beach Library. That seems worthy of attendance.

Thanks for the info and I am so glad I ran across this forum!!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, the lady at the Museum is in error, and I have also heard that same story coming out of the folks at KellyCo. However, there are other salvage operations that hold search leases at different locations up and down the coast, and one of our members "Seahunter" holds a recovery lease just south of Jupiter Inlet. I have also heard that the Fishers own the rights to all the 1715 wrecks, to include the 5 ships that have not yet been found. This also is in error, since under the law you must first locate the wreck before you can arrest it.
Most all of the underwater detectors are good machines. I have been using the Minelab Excalibur 1000 for almost 10 years now, and have found it to be a very reliable tool on the beach and in the water. Just a little heavy on land compared to other land machines.
I will be at the seminar, as will some of the other local shipwreck hunters. Ray tells me that expects a couple of the original "Real Eight" to be at the seminar again this year, and a couple of the salvagers that are working the discovery just south of Melbourne Beach will be making a presentation as well. Should be fun and educational. Hope to see you there.

Aquawoman373

Greenie
Jul 17, 2008
Cape canaveral, FL
Tom, I came out of there thinking she was throwing me a "red herring", so to speak. I recall from Fisher's settlement that he had leasehold sites but that couldn't possibly include the entire state!

YOU are the first person that has confirmed what I had suspected through my research, that there was, in fact, 5 other ships in the fleet! I had an opportunity on a project that I worked to do some side scan sonar off Canaveral a few years ago but that is a tale for another day.

I have an afternoon party to attend that day--I am going to the Keys over Labor Day weekend, and this is a pre-Keys trip party--but I plan to attend the seminar also. You obviously know how it is, you get bit by the "treasure bug" and it gets ya!

I hope to have a chance to chat a bit more with you there!

DiverGuy83

Oct 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
hey yall i live in port st. john and was looking for other hunters out there in the brevard county area to go hunting with.
im also scuba certified as well as commercial diver certified.
anybody wanna go hunting?

DiverGuy83

Oct 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
thanks for the welcome... i found several places and parks around me that im gonna hit today hopefully they yield something lol.

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
hey i just moved to north melbourne, but its pretty much viera, so if you wanna go sometime lemme know, i am looking to find some historic spots! i am so tired of the beach stuff, i wanna get some history

ArmyDiver

Jun 8, 2010
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this thread is old as dirt but maybe some of the members are still around. I recently got out of the Army and live in Melbourne near the Pineda Causeway. I'm a certified diver with all my own gear and would absolutely LOVE to get into some treasure diving or detecting in the area and south. Anybody who's interested please PM me. I'm usually free every weekend and a lot of weekdays after 2 or so. Let me know if anyone wants to go diving.... :headbang:

Also in the market for a detector if anyone is selling one.

arsurfco

Sep 10, 2008
Hi,

I'm in the cocoa area and have two excalibur 2 metal detectors if anyone wants to join me in beach hunting or wants to take me along for a dive hunt. Love the breavard beaches and cant wait to dig something worth more then a few hundred dollars. I have lived in florida my entire life and have always dreamed of finding a silver or gold coin from the 1700 fleet.
See you all on the beaches.

Aaron R.
1-321-536-6953
[email protected]

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arsurfco said:
Hi,

I'm in the cocoa area and have two excalibur 2 metal detectors if anyone wants to join me in beach hunting or wants to take me along for a dive hunt. Love the breavard beaches and cant wait to dig something worth more then a few hundred dollars. I have lived in florida my entire life and have always dreamed of finding a silver or gold coin from the 1700 fleet.
See you all on the beaches.

Aaron R.
1-321-536-6953
[email protected]

Your IM is full, tried to send you an IM....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions