Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wanted to share my most recent find. Seems to be a British officers personalized copper trunk plate.

The engraving reads Lieutenant Won...(?)
Royal Engineers.

I would guess from the war of 1812 period
Would really like to find the name of the lieutenant it belonged to.

20170705_191623.jpg
20170705_201604.jpg

Also a few buckles and musket balls. I will only post this one as I have never found one of this particular type. Not sure of it's use but it looks similar to the ones found on the musket.

19858538_10155534994194549_1440764687_n.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
Upvote 31
OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent personalized bit of history there, Anton. Hope the mystery can be solved.

Looks like a few other finds and posts I have to catch up on. Glad you've been able to keep at it with ceaseless excellent finds...and to think that this is your "low" season! :laughing7:

Thank you.Trying to do my best. From what I could see your recent finds are great . Hoping to see a new post soon.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This could be fun to follow.

I'll try to find the second part of the trunk plate. Since it was in the woods it might be possible.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds, I especially love the buckle; I always look forward to your posts, Aureus, you always find very old, beautiful things... Nice hunt :occasion14:

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I've been told that larger buckles like yours are actually baldric buckles work across the chest rather than shoulder - sling buckles. I don't know if that's correct. I recovered what appeared to be a trunk plate years ago along the shore line where a British Rev. War ship was scuttled. It was a coat of arms in brass of appropriate size with varying lines and birds on the quadrants. It looked quite old...:icon_thumright: it was awesome...:hello2: I eventually found it online, and it was off an old Cadillac! :sadsmiley: What a let down, but I laugh about it now. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent finds, I especially love the buckle; I always look forward to your posts, Aureus, you always find very old, beautiful things... Nice hunt :occasion14:

Thank you. I will try not to disappoint. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. I've been told that larger buckles like yours are actually baldric buckles work across the chest rather than shoulder - sling buckles. I don't know if that's correct. I recovered what appeared to be a trunk plate years ago along the shore line where a British Rev. War ship was scuttled. It was a coat of arms in brass of appropriate size with varying lines and birds on the quadrants. It looked quite old...:icon_thumright: it was awesome...:hello2: I eventually found it online, and it was off an old Cadillac! :sadsmiley: What a let down, but I laugh about it now. :laughing9:

Would be cool if it was indeed a baldric buckle. I haven't seen anything about it online.

Never heard of Lieutenant Cadillac fighting in Revolutionary War. Must be from Royal Sedan Regiment :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread