OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two minutes in the yard to test the detector and the pin-pointer. A couple of cents and two rusty nails. The pin-pointer located the nails because in the light of dusk, I couldn't see anything. Both machines work fine and the Bounty Hunter tote-bag actually is nicer than I expected. Not a bad little machine to have for the newbie who wants to try his or her hand at metal detecting.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, your talking about a detector. I know women who call that truck the same thing when it brings other toys.

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, your talking about a detector. I know women who call that truck the same thing when it brings other toys.

My wife will probably be using this toy more than I will. lol

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the QuickDraw II to a state park beach that has been hammered a ton for years. I managed to clean out a lot of pull-tabs, even the old beavertails. I found a twisted up ring that was cut in half. I found a bunch of clad. And, I found a steel, heavily corroded drift pin. The Bounty Hunter pin-pointer also performed well, but, that thing is not very loud. It would be nice if I could turn up the volume a bit. The pin-pointer has a very limited range, which I don't mind. I don't really need something that has a two or three inch range, but, it would be nice if it could reach an inch. Its range is about one half-inch.

UPDATE: New Duracell 9v battery brought the pin-pointer to a little more than 1 and 1/8 inch range.

Last edited:

digger1

Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I been using the quickdraw 2 for 10 years now and it still runs like a rolex.my buddies have etrac, dfx and at pro and I hold my own.I set sensitivity at 3:00 & disc. At 12:00 that eliminates most iron yet leaves nickels, gold & silver. Happy hunts.

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I been using the quickdraw 2 for 10 years now and it still runs like a rolex.my buddies have etrac, dfx and at pro and I hold my own.I set sensitivity at 3:00 & disc. At 12:00 that eliminates most iron yet leaves nickels, gold & silver. Happy hunts.

Yep, I am running sensitivity at 3:00 and notch at 11:00 to 12:00 most of the time. It's a great value-priced detector. I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed yours for a decade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread