Buffalo Bill Cody Civil War Traitor? Agent Of England?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
You have your Bills mixed up, Buffalo Bill was not a traitor, he served in the Union Army 1863-1865.

Wild Bill Hickok (who stop a man from beating Buffalo Bill when he was 11) was a spy for the union during the Civil War and enlisted in Confederate army.
Wild Bill was way more of a rascal than Buffalo Bill. People do confuse them. Like Gary Bussey and Nick Nolte. 🤔

OP
OP
HOOKINDAFOOT

HOOKINDAFOOT

May 28, 2023
? English Territory
I find his connection to "John Tunstall" and "Billy the Kid" is a pretty big bombshell revelation.By itself, Seems a lot of Misinformation about Billy The Kid been floating around for a long time. The "Official Story" peddled by most likely English (confederate) funded newspapers and books never made much sense to me.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amen, and Amen.
Remember Ken Burns "Civil War" documentary? Mr. Shelby Foote, noted author, and Historian spoke a lot during the series. I loved to hear him speak, as he spoke from his heart, and it almost seemed as if you were hearing these recollections in our history from the soldiers that fought in that war. One of my favorite tales he told was one of a Confetrit' soldier being taken prisoner during one of the battles of Atlanta in 1864. Mr. Foote said that several Union soldiers approached the now Southern POW and asked him, "why are you fighting against us Johnny?" He said the Confetrit' looked at them in wonder and replied, " because you are down here"! In other words, you have Invaded our homes and country. Mr. Foote is now deceased, but is surely missed for all his knowledge and candor and his dedication to our History.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were no traitors, every single Southern soldier was pardoned by President Johnson in 1865. They fought for their families, homes and land.
*and property, which included the Southern 1% elite's slaves, who only wanted to turn the American South into a version of European Feudalism with themselves as the landed gentry and the black man as their serf. The horrible part is the 1% elite southerners convinced the 99% of poor and middle class men south of the Mason Dixon line that it was a nobel cause to defend "states rights" when in reality they only cared about one thing - keeping their way of life, and if that included owning other human beings as property then so be it. They cast their dice and lost and were sore losers about it for 100 years after.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*and property, which included the Southern 1% elite's slaves, who only wanted to turn the American South into a version of European Feudalism with themselves as the landed gentry and the black man as their serf. The horrible part is the 1% elite southerners convinced the 99% of poor and middle class men south of the Mason Dixon line that it was a nobel cause to defend "states rights" when in reality they only cared about one thing - keeping their way of life, and if that included owning other human beings as property then so be it. They cast their dice and lost and were sore losers about it for 100 years after.
The vast majority of Confederate soldiers did not own slaves, they were fighting for their families, homes, land, and state rights. The North had put high protection tariffs on imports forcing southerns to buy expensive Northern products over the much cheaper imported English goods, and the money from the tariffs were being used mostly in the north.

In 1861, once taking office Lincoln offered the South a deal (Corwin's amendment)
that would guarantee and protect slavery in all existing Confederate states in a Constitutional Admendment if the Southern states returned to the Union. The South turned it down.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hookindafoot, please read and post by our rules...

From our rules and terms...

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic."

OP
OP
HOOKINDAFOOT

HOOKINDAFOOT

May 28, 2023
? English Territory
I was attacked first by the Tory Rebels. Tell them to stay off my thread, If they want to say England wasn't MAJORLY INVOLVED IN THE PLANNING, FUNDING, AND EXECUTION OF THE CONFEDERATE STATES DURING AND AFTER THE SO CALLED "CIVIL WAR".

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was attacked first by the Tory Rebels. Tell them to stay off my thread, If they want to say England wasn't MAJORLY INVOLVED IN THE PLANNING< FUNDING, AND EXECUTION OF THE CONFEDERATE STATES DURING AND AFTER THE CIVIL WAR.
It's not your thread, it's TreasureNet's thread once the thread is published.

Please read and post by our rules!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll have to disagree with you here. Ask yourself this. In the very beginning of the War when war rallies were being held and recruitment posters in the north were going up, what did they say? Did they say that we need troops to put an end to slavery in the south? Did they say that a mighty army was needed in order to back Lincoln's emancipation proclomation? No, I don't think so. Most read something like Men to Arms to Preserve the Union. While the South was for dissolving the Union and seeking self government, the Union was for preserving or saving the Union. Lincoln made this war one of freeing the slaves only after the Battle of Antietam and after he needed a new cause for the north for her to send her son's to war. It seems to myself and many others that if slavery was the true issue of this war for the north to go to war with the south, why in the world did it take so long for the north to say so? Abraham Lincoln was quoted as saying "if I could win this war without freeing the first slave, I would do that, and if it took freeing all the slaves to win this war, I would do that". A True Politician.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread