Buffalo Stampede in a box

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ya,

well I went to dump my nickels at several banks and CUs. I even had an extra 100 dollars to play around with since my brother paid me back for a loan. So I went to one bank and dumped 200 bucks. I went over by 33 cents and they charged me 5 bucks. when I told them last time I asked they said they would overlook the fee, the teller said its based on the discresion(sp?) of the manager on duty. GRRRR... I would make them my pickup bank but they want me to pre-order my boxes and I don't CRH ever since week. I am a fly by the seat of my drawers kinda gal. But I went to another bank and picked up a box of nickels and 100 dollars of halves. I tried to pick up 2 boxes but they said they didn't have it. the teller knows me and says that they can order boxes for me. I was honest with her to a point. I told her that that was a great idea but I don't get into town every week and I didn't want to burden them with a couple of boxes if I couldn't get in a particular week. I plan on writing a good letter telling the customer relation head honcho what great tellers they have. Then I plan on getting cards and subway gift cards for each of the tellers I know. so I headed home stopping at a chase bank to see about buying more nickels. they said they only had a couple of rolls (yeah right!) and if I wanted them. I told them no and left. If they would have asked if I had an account, I would have said yeah, though its two credit cards. Anyhow, I snatched up another box at a different branch in my town and got home. went to open my first box and thank god for plastic tubes! I slit those babies with a knife and opened the box in less than 30 minutes. Holy smokes!! Stampede!! I got one war nickel and 6 (yes 6 buffalo nickels!) in one box. That's the most I have found so far.

I got 2 dateless ones, then I got a 1927, a 1935, 1936, and a 1937. almost got a full house, LOL. They are mostly in good to fair condition, which works for me and one of them, one of the dateless, is so dark I think it spent time in florida. what a tan!

Also I know this is kinda a sore subject but what's the best way to get the green and junk off of nickels? My war nickel, I almost missed from all the junk on it. I think its a 1943-4-P but not 100% sure.

as for the second box, something tells me that I won't find anything. They are hand wrapped. So I think they put together a box for me of someone else's dump. Bummer. But I'll open them all and take a peek. worse comes to worse I just haul them to the nearest counter.

See ya later,
-Garoulady

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the Buffalos GL. To clean them first soak them in white vinegar this might raise a date on the dateless ones maybe..... then use baking soda and a toothbrush for cleaning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions