Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely they were in a house fire.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What denomination? I've got a few that were burned and they were half dollars.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
When I was in the fire Department, we cleaned up a wreck of a truck camper that had SACKS of silver falling out everywhere.

The thing had burned. A fire is often the reason silver gets a new set of owners. Clad as well.

Keep on Rollin' !

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a box of quarters that was 90% wishing well collection before, they were dry but you could tell they at one point had been in a pond of some sort.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
= the flame thrower.......I was actually gonna make a thread about this. There is at LEAST one person out there burning coins to mark them. It is either several different CRH'rs or the single biggest CRH in the country and I live within 500 miles of him because I get 10 burned coins for every 1 of a random CRH mark.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
= the flame thrower.......I was actually gonna make a thread about this. There is at LEAST one person out there burning coins to mark them. It is either several different CRH'rs or the single biggest CRH in the country and I live within 500 miles of him because I get 10 burned coins for every 1 of a random CRH mark.

Someone probably got skunked real bad and decided to torch them all.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone probably got skunked real bad and decided to torch them all.

Nah, there marking. Think about how easy it would be to through 10k worth of halves in a pit with a little cardboard and lighter fluid. Bam 10 k of coins marked in 5 minutes!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
Nah, there marking. Think about how easy it would be to through 10k worth of halves in a pit with a little cardboard and lighter fluid. Bam 10 k of coins marked in 5 minutes!

That would mark them quick but they would be a nightmare to pick every last one up... Haha. You'd have to wait for them to cool off... they would have to have a lot of time on their hands. :)

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would mark them quick but they would be a nightmare to pick every last one up... Haha. You'd have to wait for them to cool off... they would have to have a lot of time on their hands. :)

Waiting for theto cool would still be quicker if your marking vast quantities... I can't think of any other explanation for all the burned coins out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread