Buying dumps

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
At my local BOA after the VT got me a box of nickels and dimes, I asked her if she had any halves and she said she had 240 worth. I asked her if they were all from one person she said yeah mostly but some had come in loose and they had put them into rolls. I took 14 rolls which was all I had left on me. When I started openning them, I noticed the slash mark on the wrapper. Every roll had been seperated into specific years and the face of each coin was marked with a black dot but I checked them all anyway. Came to one roll without the slashed wrapper and saw a silver edge and was happy to finally find something in almost a month. The roll produced a 66, 67, 68, and a 69. I went back and bought the other 100 from the same teller but they were all the rest of markerboys dumps. I was glad to get the four 40%'s at least.

At another bank yesterday, I went in after missing a week. The teller said she had been asking where the halfguy was because she had a whole roll saved for me. She said some lady had just asked for halfs an hour before I got there and she had taken them all.

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I just buy them unless I am low on cash and I am pretty sure they are dumps. I have found numerous silvers, sometimes solid rolls amongst someones dumps. It seems that some people use a bank as a dump bank and rarely ask if any new coin has come in. It is a great place to find silver.

golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread