Calling all Canadians, Europeans, ex-pats overseas, we need your opinions

Susanska

Jun 23, 2013
Faith
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctors are people too. They may be greedy (just look at the cost of a 5 minute office visit - bring in $800-$1600/hr) but like every one else, they will work where they MAKE A PROFIT.

If my business can't make a profit where I am, but I know that moving to another country will allow me to live in the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed ... guess what I'm gonna do?

It is the same thing for doctors. They pack up and leave.

Whether it's leaving for another country or leaving for an opportunity to provide concierge care, it's still leaving. Why do you think the waits are so long in Canada?

Honestly, it seems like they are greedy... But take into consideration the million+ dollars it took to get that degree... How will they pay it back?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Honestly, it seems like they are greedy... But take into consideration the million+ dollars it took to get that degree... How will they pay it back?

Doesn't take long with $500 office visits (my wife's cancer doctor's going rate), $70,000 for a 1 to 2 hour surgery (with 4 other surgeries lined up that morning) - oh, and don't forget the $700 initial consultation visit.

I hate to think how much they are suffering.

Between my two surgeries for polyp removals last year (total of less than two hours on the table) it cost more than $12,000. Fortunately, Blue Cross paid most of it. They just didn't reimburse me for waking up during surgery while the worst one was being burned off. Fortunately, I remembered not to move and started repeating "I'm awake! I'm awake!! I'm awake!!!!!"

Wish I could have worked solid for one week to pay off my student loans.

Last edited:

Susanska

Jun 23, 2013
Faith
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean! Everyone has their separate fees too. The radiologist, anesthetist, the money paid for nurses and all the employees. Then there's the people that doesn't pay their bill that gets added on...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread