Calling Long Island Treasure Hunters

jplny88

Greenie
May 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I am new to these forums - but I would consider myself an amateur treasure hunter, having interest my whole life. I am 25 years old and usually like to hike random areas on the north shore of Long Island. Recently I had a very cool find. I was hiking on the side of a steep hill, and found 100s maybe even 1000s of broken shards of glass, ceramic and rusted metal pieces. At first I thought the bottles could be from some party, but then I realized that they were very old. After looking up some of the wording on the glass, I realized some of them date back close to 100 years. I'm thinking that this might have been a Prohibition hideaway spot. The spot is isolated and the glass pieces only reside in a small area.

Basically I am looking for someone to explore the spot with. I do not have a metal detector, and I do not know the legality of searching this particular area, but every time I've been it is usually empty. The climb is steep, and the person would have to be able to climb. There are also many pieces of broken glasses as I said, so it could be slightly dangerous, although I've never had any problems getting cut.

I would prefer if someone had another metal detector so I could use one as well, or if we could just split the findings. If you are interested, please reply or e-mail me.

I have attached some of the photos from this particular location below.

image-2.jpeg image-1.jpeg image-3.jpeg image-4.jpeg image-5.jpeg image.jpeg photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread