spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading retirees post I came up with a little game for all the serious campers. This one one of the first lessons I learned in survival camping from Ken Cole, who was at the top of the field in survival training. This will be fun and I look forward to your answers, I will PM the answer to all that participate. This is a simple tip that many won't think of, I know I was wrong the first time around, but once I was given the answer I fully understood. Here you go, have fun.

We all know that as a camper the most important thing to have is dry feet. Always having several pairs of socks is one of your most important items. Now for the question.

In the dead of freezing cold night, how do you dry a wet pair of socks? :dontknow:

I look forward to your replies.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a Florida boy, with good reason. I never really have to face this...

But, when I was living and working in the Balkans I would see clothes on clotheslines in the dead of winter. Two feet of snow on the ground and freezing temps. The clothes would still dry... I thought this was amazing. I thought they would freeze solid.

Somebody told me this process was known as 'sublimation'.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the first reply was G.I.B and he was correct. Leave any wet clothes out to freeze, in the morning you just break off any remaining ice. Clothes are cool, but most importantly dry.

This is for the more serious camper.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll remember that one, if I get my socks wet. It gets cold enough up here to burn the moisture right out. To keep my feet warm when sleeping, I wear a stocking cap, on my head. Probably everyone knows the principal of that one, and it does work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread