Can anyone tell me anything about this !!

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505 / old bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image-3628103196.jpg
    image-3628103196.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2086635611.jpg
    image-2086635611.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 151

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Assuming you found it in Kentucky? I would make a wild guess it is from the 1934 Century of Progress exposition in Chicago. However these type of give away medal/tokens were made by thousands of firms, over many decades. They are not all well documented, like transit tokens, civil war tokens, or "good for" trade tokens (USA) which are fairly well documented.

I might suggest a book: Tokens and Medals, a guide to the identification and values of United States exonumia, first edition 1992 by Stephen Alpert....if you can find a copy.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
At one time it may have looked like this:
4th Annual Electrical Progress Exposition Your Electric Penny Buys More | eBay
Don.....

PS: I found this item: Exposition of Appliances Next Week to be Brilliant Affair Plans are being completed for the Electrical Progress Exposition which will be held in the big hall of the Ada armory April 21, 22 and 23, with local dealers in electrical appliances cooperating with the O. G. E. company. It will be by far the most elaborate and attractive display of its kind ever held here. Decorations of stage and booths will be carried outj under the supervision of a noted interior decorator and' the big auditorium will gleam with light and color, for the three days of exposition. There will be an - interesting and revealing display of the amazingly capable appliances which each year take. more of drudgery from the home.
Source:
The Ada Weekly News ? 15 April 1937 ? Page 3 - Newspapers.com (near the bottom) 15 April 1937

Last edited:
OP
OP
redelf12

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505 / old bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I did find it in ky actually right on dixie highway next to buttermilk pike if anyone knows where that is and thx for the info :-)

Sent from my iPhone from redelf12

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions