Cash in my gold finds

Soozkelly

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a small pile of broken gold jewelry, etc. Over an ounce. Many years ago I found on this website information on where to send your gold to get the best price for it. I lost that info. I think the place was in Ohio and they melt or smelt it down. They pay approximately 97% give or take, the current days spot price for gold. Do you know of any place, dealer, etc like this? Where I can send in my small pile and cash in. Thank you. P.S. I searched this site for a hour and couldn't find any posts like my question. Thank you again.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but no one pays that high on gold scrap.
Not a company anyway.
And no one else in their right mind unless they plan on using it themselves for something other than making money on flipping or resales.

There would be no money to be made on it if they pay above 90 and not refining it themselves.

Aint reality a biatch.

Getting 90 would be what to hope for...or close..... realistically.

OP
OP
Soozkelly

Soozkelly

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2021
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but no one pays that high on gold scrap.
Not a company anyway.
And no one else in their right mind unless they plan on using it themselves for something other than making money on flipping or resales.

There would be no money to be made on it if they pay above 90 and not refining it themselves.

Aint reality a biatch.

Getting 90 would be what to hope for...or close..... realistically.
I saw there was a company that people went to. I forgot the name. I'll do more research on it.

OP
OP
Soozkelly

Soozkelly

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a small pile of broken gold jewelry, etc. Over an ounce. Many years ago I found on this website information on where to send your gold to get the best price for it. I lost that info. I think the place was in Ohio and they melt or smelt it down. They pay approximately 97% give or take, the current days spot price for gold. Do you know of any place, dealer, etc like this? Where I can send in my small pile and cash in. Thank you. P.S. I searched this site for a hour and couldn't find any posts like my question. Thank you again.
Hello again, I googled some places and found a few. Like Garfield refinery which is just one place. They take scrap gold, silver, metal, etc. I hope this helps people and thank you for any info you share.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might be a post you saw I copied this answer from a post.................... I save my silver coins, but have no interest in gold or silver jewelry, so I sell it.

I use Midwest Refineries in Michigan. They are easy to deal with, seem honest, and give much better prices than coin dealers or "cash for gold" sort of places.

I have also used ARA Recycling, I believe in Dallas. They give even better prices, but have become harder to deal with. They used to be my go to place, but they said they won't deal with small time people like detectorists anymore. I was grandfathered in to this policy, but then they said they would not deal with me. That said, I do know some other detectorists who still use them somehow. YMMV, of course.

OP
OP
Soozkelly

Soozkelly

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2021
This might be a post you saw I copied this answer from a post.................... I save my silver coins, but have no interest in gold or silver jewelry, so I sell it.

I use Midwest Refineries in Michigan. They are easy to deal with, seem honest, and give much better prices than coin dealers or "cash for gold" sort of places.

I have also used ARA Recycling, I believe in Dallas. They give even better prices, but have become harder to deal with. They used to be my go to place, but they said they won't deal with small time people like detectorists anymore. I was grandfathered in to this policy, but then they said they would not deal with me. That said, I do know some other detectorists who still use them somehow. YMMV, of course.
Cool, thank you for your info. I will check them out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Midwestern Refineries

• 95% of the amount of pure
    gold contained in your order
  • 90% of the amount of pure
    silver contained in your order for sterling silver and 90% coin silver
  • 80% of the amount of pure
    silver contained in your order for 800 silver
  • 92% of the amount of pure
    silver contained in your order for hallmarked .999 silver bullion coins and bars
  • 90% of the amount of pure platinum contained in your order
  • 80% of the amount of pure rhodium contained in your order
  • 80% of the amount of pure palladium contained in your order

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT POSTING T_H ~!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread