Cen-Tech Hand Held Metal Detector, Pinpointer

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don"t know if this has been discussed before, bought it at Harbor Freight. Not waterproof,
but does have a sensitivity knob, belt case,use 9 volt and cost was $15.99. It works I tested on various coins and other metals,no issues. I call this more for less. _DSC1883.JPG _DSC1884.JPG

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its been here over and Over Again

Cheap Get A Ziploc Bag poke a hole in a Corner put the Probe thru it then Duct tape the hole where You Poked it Thru Seal !!!
Open When not Using Keeps the Dirt An grime Out of the Detector Button

When You Get Enough Money Together But A Garrett's Pin pointer :thumbsup:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I call it less for less.
I can't understand why anyone would buy a decent metal detector then skimp on a pin pointer,and digging tool. To me they are very important parts to the whole detecting experience.

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your receipt you will need it for the return, just turn it in constantly and it will be like new forever in other words it is junk, bought one, have returned seven times. It will work for awhile then the button is junk.They will honor a 90 day return I just keep returning mine, it is my back-up.

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got my first detector it came with a cheap pin pointer. You almost had to touch the object for it to work. After a little use sometimes it wouldn't work at all. I upgraded to a pro pointer. Best money I ever spent. You get what you pay for

C

CharlieA

So why do you need to use your backup so much that you need to keep returning it? I agree the on/off switch is junk. I temporarily fixed mine by pushing the connection tabs deeper into the body of the switch with a needle nose pliers. My final solution was to enlist the aid of my retired electrical engineer brother-in-law. He replaced the on/off switch with a new one, and replaced the LED with a spdt switch to change between the tone signal and a vibrator (salvaged from my old cell fone).

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will eventually spend the required money for a real pin pointer.. it is not needed but sort of like having a seat in your pickup vs a egg crate to sit on while driving on a 1000 mile trip on a dirt road.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Centech pointer came in handy for me last week when my over priced "Pro" pointer crapped out for the last time. I fixed it three times and I am very happy to have been able to run down to H@√30√ F√€|&#t and get one.....it saved the weekend:thumb_up:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend bought one recently. It works great! When we taped a coin to it that is... ;)
Seriously though, save your coins and purchase a quality pinpointer. Besides your machine, it is the most important diggin' tool you need.
I definitely stand by the Garrett ProPointer.
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread