Cent pick ups and bought something for myself

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I picked up $264 of pennies to go through. $75 is machine wrapped and the rest is customer wrapped. About $20 worth had black lines on the rolls, but I checked one and it had copper at least. Also picked up this AU indian head to add to my collection personally I'm thinking AU-55 on it maybe 58. I will be sure to post the results this week sometime.

image-282738456.jpg

image-1351624700.jpg

image-33382536.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
My signature is actually incorrect at the moment. It is 1117 wheat pennies not whatever is listed

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'd say you did alright on the IH

It does have the 4 diamonds and looks au or better

I figured the book value was $20 for AU-50 but I thought it looked quite a bit better so I figured what the heck. I figured I could at least make my money back on eBay.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your looks redder, for sure. And his photos might suck, but yours looks better than his from the pics. But I'm not a Indian cent grader. I do better looking at a grade on a slab, and nodding in agreement.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Your looks redder, for sure. And his photos might suck, but yours looks better than his from the pics. But I'm not a Indian cent grader. I do better looking at a grade on a slab, and nodding in agreement.

lol, I'm always doing the opposite, trying to find a slab on eBay that I think could easily grade higher and increase the value, or buying coins that aren't graded cheap and trying to make a quick buck. Although, I like this one too much to sell it. Indian heads are my favorite coins ever minted by far.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Ugh...not going to finish sorting through them until tomorrow...really sucks wanted to finish today.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just take super good photos, and post on coin forums for a better grade estimate

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I used the photos I already had taken because that was about as good as I could get. I told them I picked it up for $20.00 marked "AU" and he said it is definitely "AU." I went ahead and asked him what makes it AU and not MS. I want to know so that way I know what to look for when I go buying more for my collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread