Central States show #3

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I was a little surprised at how many items had been purchased and added to displays. I thought they would be mostly ā€œfindsā€ found by the displayer. The octagonal frame has some striped stones that I really liked.
Found in Missouri, Iā€™m told
IMG_2598.jpeg
IMG_2599.jpeg

Upvote 8

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those striped ones are really nice. Must be from a different part of Missouri -- I've never seen any like that around here.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Those striped ones are really nice. Must be from a different part of Missouri -- I've never seen any like that around here.
I had trouble understanding the woman. I think she said Ozarks area. But she was barely audible.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ozarks is my area (the southwest corner of the state, as well as the northwest part of Arkansas). There's also a town called Ozark. I've seen some nice private collections around here but never any striped ones like that. It would definitely be cool to find some.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Ozarks is my area (the southwest corner of the state, as well as the northwest part of Arkansas). There's also a town called Ozark. I've seen some nice private collections around here but never any striped ones like that. It would definitely be cool to find some.
I have some ground northwest of Mountain Home. I like that area.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Mosarkite is an interesting flint.

In the 40s through 80s larger points like in that frame could still be found. I know, I found some. Now days those larger points would be a very rare find I think. Many of the old time collections come in the market through auctions or a private sale are highly collectable.

Back in the 80s I showed almost 100% personal finds, and never won an award.
I lost a personal find contest when I submitted a personal find Attica Chert clovis.

I think some shows I attend are 50/50. 50 percent collectors who don't relic hunt, but purchase; and 50 percent relic collector hunter.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mozarkite is found in west central MO. South of MO River and west of Lake of the Ozarks. Around Lincoln in Benton Co.
Itā€™s the state gem stone if I remember right. Iā€™ve seen mozarkite that is much more colorful than the striped points in frame. Some is maroon pink and white striped.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could believe the Missouri, I havenā€™t seen any bulls eye but I find lots of flakes of that striped stuff here in south east Kansas just outside ozarks area I know I have better examples but they are buried somewhere hereā€™s some recent flakes of similar stuff
IMG_7720.jpeg

Hereā€™s maybe some better ones, sorry for quality donā€™t want to spam the post
IMG_7726.jpeg

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mozarkite is found in west central MO. South of MO River and west of Lake of the Ozarks. Around Lincoln in Benton Co.
Itā€™s the state gem stone if I remember right. Iā€™ve seen mozarkite that is much more colorful than the striped points in frame. Some is maroon pink and white striped.
Neat! I didn't know that (and you'd think I would, given where I live...). Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread