• c p 005.JPG
    c p 005.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 19

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea but I like them.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice though they are, prints like this reproduced in modern times for sale in museum shops don't have a great resale value. Although they may originally have been quite pricey, if nicely framed they generally resell for anything up to about $50 (unless they're from limited edition runs). If you Google for eBay listings you'll see both of those prints offered at a variety of prices.

One eBay seller has the "Old man and Child on Buffalo" print listed at $150 but I think that's a highly speculative price which won't be realised.

OP
OP
lightspirt

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
Nice though they are, prints like this reproduced in modern times for sale in museum shops don't have a great resale value. Although they may originally have been quite pricey, if nicely framed they generally resell for anything up to about $50 (unless they're from limited edition runs). If you Google for eBay listings you'll see both of those prints offered at a variety of prices.

One eBay seller has the "Old man and Child on Buffalo" print listed at $150 but I think that's a highly speculative price which won't be realised.
Thanks Red-Coat, i appreciate the time you put into this.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red-Coat, i appreciate the time you put into this.
I found two similar prints that I identified using the Smithsonian's Asian Art Collection Archive. There are tens of thousands of works in there and each usually has a lot of information about them. I see that the catalog #, artist, title and name of collection are already listed on your prints...mine had nothing to indicate what they were. So, after trying a bunch of refined search terms I still had to search hundreds of prints...but I found both in their collections. My prints are apparently actual lithographs printed in France or something. But, just the same, I don't think my resale would be much more than my principle either. I didn't think they were rare, but looked nice and they were in good shape along with the frames.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions