Circle the Wagons, Here Come the Indians

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This weeks boxes consisted of one box of halves, one box of dimes (plus $35 CWR's), two boxes of nickels and four boxes of cents (plus $55 CWR's).
I usually get two boxes of dimes but my bank looks out for me and if the box looks new, they will open it to check. It was and they offered me two extra
boxes of cents. I took them up on their offer. I go through the cents first. A lot of copper, especially from the CWR's. Oldest Lincoln was a decent 1912.
47 wheaties all together. Then the surprise, a 1906 INDIAN, still with liberty on the head dress. Next I did the dimes and pulled a 1956 Rosie. Then onto
the halves. One 40% was given up. I do the nickels last. The rolls did not start off with a bang, but after 5 or 6 and 1936 INDIAN/BUFFALO was found.
This is good. A few rolls later a 1923 INDIAN/BUFFALO was discovered. I then looked at the codes on the boxes and both were the same. I thinking there
might be more. There was. A total of 10 INDIAN/BUFFALO were found. Five with no dates and the following with dates 1919 (AG), 1923, 1930 and a pair of
1936's. Also the second box gave up a 1943P war nickel. Not a lot of silver this week but it's more than I had the week before and it was only face value.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread