Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Civil Disobedience on Display at Unconstitutional Checkpoint

November 14th, 2013

if-a-law-is-unjust-a-man-is-not-only-right-to-disobey-it-he-is-obligated-to-do-so.jpg

(Youtube) - This was a “State” border crossing from Nevada into CA. I’m not willing to be stopped and questioned on our highways. We finally just drove away. We were not chased down or arrested. Thanks to my wonderful wife Sondra for her support and for boldly filming.

This is the Long Valley Agriculture Check station on 395N. 10/05/12 at around 3PM – We the people must rid ourselves of this tyranny by refusing to cooperate.

We’re working our way home to Washington after a month long trip with my family and my brother working on new pictorials and our new film, PHOTOGRAPHICS.

“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty” — Thomas Jefferson

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Those checkpoints are just trying to help farmers, they are legal and this guy is an *******. This is what's wrong with this country. Sure wish he'd try this on the Texas/Mexico border...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No austin i'll have to disagree.Your car cannot be searched legally without a warrant or your permission unless you are under suspicion of a crime.Driving down the highway isnt a crime,crossing state lines isnt a crime.Your tex-mex example is different.

This is what's wrong with this country.

Actually quite the opposite,what happens when you continue to bow to peoples whims,they tend to only want,more,more,more,more,more.Soon you dont have anything left to give or,for them to take,your rights included.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those checkpoints are just trying to help farmers, they are legal and this guy is an *******. This is what's wrong with this country. Sure wish he'd try this on the Texas/Mexico border...

He asked if he was being detained, when told he was not he left just as I would do and have done in past

They do not have the right to search you with out probable cause, they can look in but not search. I did same thing years ago entering Florida. I was asked if they could search my vehicle, I said I had nothing to declare, I had no fruits or vegetables and declined to be searched. I was not holding anything I was worried about them finding.

When I refused they did nothing, didn't even call the drugs dogs, they looked in windows again and I left...

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't try that stuff going in or out of Canada. You'll wind up in jail.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I know. In my case I would have just said no to the guy and refused a search and drove on.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
And another detail of note is these guys stated they were inspectors NOT law enforcement officers, who are the only ones who may search when probable cause has been established, and if not of a transient or temporary nature, require a search warrant, approved by a judge!.

Last edited:

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bet yall wouldn't have expected a State Trooper to AGREE with the premise of this thread.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bet yall wouldn't have expected a State Trooper to AGREE with the premise of this thread.

Only if you were one of the good ones Trooper,which you are.You obviously take your oath to heart.I respect that:icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And another detail of note is these guys stated they were inspectors NOT law enforcement officers, who are the only ones who may search when probable cause has been established, and if not of a transient or temporary nature, require a search warrant, approved by a judge!.

Trooper you are correct they were not law enforcement officers, but inspectors that is the point of the thread.

Granted there are some LEO who will streach the limit of "probable cause" but most will not.. I have been stopped many times in the 50 years of driving and never been searched once, but then I am always polite and never gave them a reason to search me. If an LEO tells me I am not being detained that usually means I can leave.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TH you are exactly right. But, even if a person were impolite it would not be a reason to search them or their vehicle without cause, just to show off their power, which happens.....unfortunately. PC on a traffic stop to me has always meant an odor of an illegal substance, such as an open container, or the odor of alcohold on a drunk drivers breath, or something in plain view that was a danger to the officer or is illegal. I have always treated people the way I would want to be treated, if the circumstances were reversed. Every citizen should educate themselves , and know what is right and what is wrong. That being said, I am not advocating actively resisting any officer, just educate yourself and report illegal or unethical behavior. One other bit of trivia on invasion of privacy. Does anyone know why the drivers license stations require you to take off your glasses for the DL photo, even if you are required by restriction to wear corrective lenses? It is so the DL photograph can be used in facial recognition software programs......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread