ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As a lot of you know I have been metal detecting a park in Utah that is posted.

However, the very first few times I was there I never once saw a sign. When i did see a sign I seriously thought it meant what it said.

It wasn't until after I posted the picture till someone chimed up and said someone took the "O" DAAAAA.

So I went on a quest. I went to the parks department, nobody was there. i went to City Hall. I was told there yes there was an ordinance against it but she didn't know where to find it. So I go to the police department. Talk to the chief. He also stated there was an ordinance against it but to ask the parks superintendent and if he gave the OK, they didn't enforce it.

So I call the park superintendent and arrange to meet with him. I give him my business card and introduce myself WHILE I am holding a screwdriver. I explain how I retrieve a target and that I do not dig holes. He told me he had no problem with it and to have fun.

My business card is for searching underwater. I don't have a land one because I frankly don't detect the land much anymore. But that did give him my name and number in case there was a problem.

The park was made in 1984. So no silver. (Except a ring so far) Huge sledding hill and 5 baseball diamonds with a concession stand in the middle of 4 of them. Picnic pavilions (I haven't tried around them yet) and 2 volleyball courts (I haven't tried them yet either).

HOLY CATFISH BATMAN. This park has been totally untouched. Along with 1187 quarters so far, I have found 7 1.00 coins. One silver ring. I have left the dime, nickel and penny signals except the ones in pocket spills. Yesterday alone I took 172 quarters off the sidelines of the baseball fields.

A park with well over 300.00 in clad? Totally unheard of for me. So if you see a marked area, do some research. ASK and EXPLAIN. You just might be able to get into an area that nobody else has been able to touch.

OBEY the signs. I will admit after I was told what the sign probably meant I still didn't obey it because I was going to act like I really couldn't detect on Wednesday, however I would not suggest that plan of action to anyone.

Just the quarters!

Upvote 10

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the parks around me have been detected but there is still more in them, just not as much as what you are finding. Would be fun to work the Gold tones there.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm. I would think the same.. no detecting on Wednesday.. must be my wishful thinking.

Always enjoy your posts, HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding_big.gif

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome quarter Finds! Looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome quarter Finds! Looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations.

Tiring fun. Up and down hills is not for me actually, but it was worth it. I am leaving Utah in a couple of days so someone else can play. HOWEVER, PLEASE don't get us kicked out by using a shovel or knife. Know how to pop a coin with a screwdriver and your index finger.

I would HATE to come back this fall and have my permission revoked. Thanks all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread