Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our metal-detecting club was granted access to Rockfield Park in Belair, Maryland for a hunt this past Saturday. It was well-attended and the day was a bit of an oven. Ground was hard and true to the park's name, there are rocks in most holes you dig. I did alot of exploring with different parts of the grounds. The steam and woods look very promising for the fall and winter. I made most of my best finds on the west side of the park; there I recovered a .65 cal musket ball, a flat button, a lamp part with patent date from the 1860s, and a large iron chain. Thanks for checking out the post and pic. Happy hunting!

McDigs_Finds.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

digger dad

May 6, 2016
Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great spot when the heat breaks !! Congrats on the bullet and button they always make for a good day !

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks digger dad! We had a Club hunt here back in August 2014, another hot dry day. That time I also found a musket ball.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a very productive hunt! Great to see club activity, and yes...the ground is getting harder by the day, I went to my go-to spot today... the grass was crunchy and the ground unyielding in some spots...I passed on more than one deep signal today, I'll wait until we get some rain...thx for sharing...ddf

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for stopping by DDF! Have an early planned in Baltimore County tomorrow. We'll see if the conditions allow.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive club hunt! :occasion14:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! Certainly good to get out with other detectorists, catch up and come away with a few keepers. That oil lamp part was a first for me.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art! Just heard from a fellow detectorist who was at the same hunt and learned that he was there for only an hour and a half but recovered a merc and an old button. Later that weekend he discovered that the button is a Geo. Washington inaugural!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread