✨✨coil 15, differences vs 11

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
What advantages and disadvantages do you see ? I just starting using 15” coil, and I’m not sure when is better for using it.
IMG_6738.jpeg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my favorite coil. About the only time I use something smaller is when I need to get in between obstacles or tight spaces, and in areas with many targets close together. I get a an inch or two more depth, but, mainly use it for covering large areas. Oh, disadvantages.......EMI is worse than the smaller coils, and as mentioned, not great for junky sites, black magnetite sand, or sites with lots of obstacles.

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
It's my favorite coil. About the only time I use something smaller is when I need to get in between obstacles or tight spaces, and in areas with many targets close together. I get a an inch or two more depth, but, mainly use it for covering large areas. Oh, disadvantages.......EMI is worse than the smaller coils, and as mentioned, not great for junky sites, black magnetite sand, or sites with lots of obstacles.
Thank you very much, great summary
I really appreciated

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good sized coil (15" )I would think great for deeper targets if youre searching tilled spots..or intentionally buried targets..Jorgeke..How deep are some of the targets youre finding in the foothills ?Ive Always wanted to search in spots like these..Good luck

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Thats a good sized coil (15" )I would think great for deeper targets if youre searching tilled spots..or intentionally buried targets..Jorgeke..How deep are some of the targets youre finding in the foothills ?Ive Always wanted to search in spots like these..Good luck
Hi Praire,

Thanks for your comment

Most of the time target( coins and relics similar size) in these areas are 5-6” .

Maximum 8”.

You are welcomed to Chihuahua Mexico, to prospecting there are some good spot from the edge o Spanish colony

Regards

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread