Coin Value site

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinflation.com is often linked to in posts here for the weight and silver content of coins. Definately a good site.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Coinflation.com is often linked to in posts here for the weight and silver content of coins. Definately a good site.

Agreed. coinflation.com has some very useful information. There are critics who bash it because you can't expect to get full melt for coins if you're selling, but the site is accurate as to the cumulative value of the metal contained in the coins.

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using Cointrackers. Easily readable with the silver weight and current melt value clearly listed. Dont have to sort through all of coinflations unnecessary calculations...

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that site constantly updates based on silver value, a really great site. The links are nice too, but beware of the source. Many of the links about silver prices are from bull websites where they will say silver is heading to $150 anytime now no matter what the circumstances. who knows, maybe it is.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Been using Cointrackers. Easily readable with the silver weight and current melt value clearly listed. Dont have to sort through all of coinflations unnecessary calculations...

I don't like it as the values are inflated.2010 P Roosevelt Dime Value | CoinTrackers Find me a coin shop that would pay $1 for a nice condition 2010 dime. It has been discussed as bad before on this site.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Numista.com a lot, I like it. It's not so much geared towards coin value as much as just being a catalog for world coins.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I use Numista.com a lot, I like it. It's not so much geared towards coin value as much as just being a catalog for world coins.

Its a good site. I use my Krause books, but if I didn't have one, I would use numista.

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like it as the values are inflated.2010 P Roosevelt Dime Value | CoinTrackers Find me a coin shop that would pay $1 for a nice condition 2010 dime. It has been discussed as bad before on this site.

I only look at the silver page....

Honestly didnt even know they had another part to the site. Its good for the silver page but yea looking at the rest for the first time ever, just now, they are off base. I still think the silver page is a cleaner set up than coinflation. Makes it easy for me to tally up how many ounces Ive found. Like Bigheed I go by ounces not $'s so I like it.

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah and the pic is a proof cameo dime(and I doubt that they made 557,000,000 of them)... I would buy those at $1 all day long!

Yes, but the info is for the 2010-P dime which was just circulation. The pic is of a 2010-S, which is a cameo worth more than a $1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread