Coin Values

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone explain to me the relationship to newer coin values printed in such online sites as PCGS.com and actual in the marketplace price (ie what you may actually get for the coin)? Many values of these coins look like they are huge compared to what I know people will actually pay for them. Is there any place that actually lists a "real world" value for these (Ie what folks will pay for modern - post 1960 - coins in certified conditions. Can you send me looking in the right direction? D

Doug-Iowa

Mar 31, 2003
Ottumwa, Iowa USA
coin prices

I always use ebay as a guide. Those are coins that actually are selling, and into a very large market. I have wondered the same thing. Could for insurance if your coins are stolen I guess. Good Post.

Doug-Iowa

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is not really an accurate indicator though, because if someone really wants this coin they may dupe theirselves into paying a higher price than they wanted to for the coin.
What I am really looking for is something like a dealers price guide for lowest values on the coins for specific grades (back again, I guess, to what folks will pay for them). Somewhere there has to be some research done on what these coins are getting in the retail market.

Dave (Pa)

Mar 19, 2003
Dunmore, Pa.
eBay.....

Yes thats true but if u do an onist study of an individual coin and date you will come up with an average. Even a dealer hase a monthly guide that changes the going price of certan coins regulary.

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found what I was looking for, coinworld publishes a section in their issues called "trends" that gives the most current values based on sale prices and availability. D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread