Coinmaster GT VDI

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What value does led show up on the VDI? Got this big fat hockey puck shaped object with an iron or steel pipe piece in the center.. guess in is led but it showed up as silver. Have not googled how to tell led from silver but I hit it with a file and it shines bright and does not feel as soft as I would expect led to be.. Thought it looked like it had been in concrete.. but the more I think about it, led would not corrode would it?

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
Lead will turn white after a while. I have found a lead ball but can't remember the VDI. I will check it Tomorrow and get back to you. HH WH

OP
OP
airscapes

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is lead, after putting it in an ultrasonic cleaner with vinegar I got enough of the crust off to right my name on a piece of paper. Thanks for the info, I guess the VDI is more about size than metal type. This is about 2.5 inches wide and was up in the high 90s

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread