coins from pasture this morning.

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I got out metal detecting this morning for a few hours and managed to get chance to use my new tripod for filming purposes.

Up to now I have been filming my detecting by hand and tobbe honest the videos have been quite shakey which I know can be annoying.

I hit my usual pasture permission with the Makro Racer with the settings if three tones, gain 95, id filter 25 and a good ground balance. The land is pretty clean so these settings do really well.

To be honest I dug a fair few bits of scrap but there were some coins amongst the rubbish which is always a welcome treat.

I hope you all enjoy the video which unfortunately I forgot to upload in hi res HD :(
Let me know if you prefer the tripod approach or if the hand filmed videos are better, and don't forget to subscribe haha :)

https://youtu.be/qvxtSNRd2GM

Happy hunting all

Upvote 2

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ringo!!! LOL "I've just found me Yoko's lost nose ring!!" :laughing7:

Love your videos mate, tripod is a definite improvement. What, no guest appearance by the lovely Mrs. Bainsey in this one?? :thumbsup:

Hope you found enough coins for a pint or two on the way home. :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ringo!!! LOL "I've just found me Yoko's lost nose ring!!" :laughing7:

Love your videos mate, tripod is a definite improvement. What, no guest appearance by the lovely Mrs. Bainsey in this one?? :thumbsup:

Hope you found enough coins for a pint or two on the way home. :occasion14:

Haha thanks Erik, no Mrs today, far to early on a Sunday morning for her, cheers for watching and commenting as always :)

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha thanks Erik, no Mrs today, far to early on a Sunday morning for her, cheers for watching and commenting as always :)

I love your videos mate, you find normal stuff like I do, copper pipes, fishing weights, big ol' rings, and some coins -- plus I always learn new vocabulary words from you like "plonker!" :laughing7: Gonna meet up with you and Mrs. Bainsey someday for a few pints, a "four of fish" (though these days the four is pounds and not pence :hello: when Paulie penned that line and since we're both married we'll skip the Liverpudlian finger pies :laughing7:), and some detecting....I'll have to bring my own "pain and strife" who originates from Bath/Bristol. Wish I could get her out in the field like your Mrs.

Your Yankee friend, Erik :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your videos mate, you find normal stuff like I do, copper pipes, fishing weights, big ol' rings, and some coins -- plus I always learn new vocabulary words from you like "plonker!" :laughing7: Gonna meet up with you and Mrs. Bainsey someday for a few pints, a "four of fish" (though these days the four is pounds and not pence :hello: when Paulie penned that line and since we're both married we'll skip the Liverpudlian finger pies :laughing7:), and some detecting....I'll have to bring my own "pain and strife" who originates from Bath/Bristol. Wish I could get her out in the field like your Mrs.

Your Yankee friend, Erik :thumbsup:

Yeh a meet up one day would be epic, fish and chips, beer and detecting, what more could anyone need. Hope your well buddy

Andy

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for watching and commenting mike :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread