Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone ever sent in Colonial currency for grading that was in two pieces? I have a May 1st, 1760 50 shilling (two pounds 10 shilling) Pennsylvania promissory note printed by Benjamin Franklin that was a gift from my grandmother. It's signed by Evan Morgan, Thomas Say and Charles Jones. It's been pressed between glass and kept in an envelope out of the light for generations. I've never taken it out of the glass, and it's hard to tell but It may in fact be in two pieces. At the very least it has a significant fold across the middle.

My question: is there any sense it trying to get it graded and authenticated if it is in fact torn in two? I've never submitted a coin or currency for grading.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever sent in Colonial currency for grading that was in two pieces? I have a May 1st, 1760 50 shilling (two pounds 10 shilling) Pennsylvania promissory note printed by Benjamin Franklin that was a gift from my grandmother. It's signed by Evan Morgan, Thomas Say and Charles Jones. It's been pressed between glass and kept in an envelope out of the light for generations. I've never taken it out of the glass, and it's hard to tell but It may in fact be in two pieces. At the very least it has a significant fold across the middle.

My question: is there any sense it trying to get it graded and authenticated if it is in fact torn in two? I've never submitted a coin or currency for grading.
I’m interested as well.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I suggest you e-mail this question to NGC or PCGS.
There is also ICG in Tampa that you could email this question for absolute factual clarifications.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions