Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Relics! Couple whatzit's

Had a great time with LowCountry last weekend getting out to his colonial site with him. Spent a lot of time digging up buck shot and then trying to re-calibrate the detector but I was able to pull some interesting things. The big copper disk at first looked like a coin to both of us because it was heavy and a little bigger than a LC. After a little field cleaning I could start to make out where a shank might have been attached. It is heavier and a little bigger than the flat dandy I found a couple weeks ago. Couldn't get any detail off of it so it must just be a flat button. Also dug a tiny buckle its about 1'' by 1/2 '' its in good shape. Not sure how old it is but I'm assuming its old. Found a piece of lead that almost looked like a musket ball but it might be too small for that. The pendant looking thing is interesting. It looks real old but i have no idea what it is. The hole at the top had to be hand made by the looks of how off it is. Then a little furniture tac and a big piece of copper/brass with a hand made hole at the top. Its pretty heavy and interesting just another whatzit I guess. Any id help is very appreciated. And a big thanks to Low Country for taking me out there.

IMG_3158.jpg IMG_3159.jpg IMG_3160.jpg IMG_3161.jpg IMG_3162.jpg IMG_3163.jpg IMG_3164.jpg IMG_3165.jpg IMG_3166.jpg IMG_3167.jpg IMG_3168.jpg IMG_3169.jpg IMG_3170.jpg

Upvote 4
S

stefen

The last picture of the "Z" shaped metal clip is used to attach a table top to the leg assembly...(or one similar)

Same type still in use today...

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is that little buckle is probably around the same age or so as that Pretty Coronet? Nice finds, beautiful LC.

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is that little buckle is probably around the same age or so as that Pretty Coronet? Nice finds, beautiful LC.

Oops i used that so y'all could see the flat button's relative size. Did not dig that one. Wish i did dig a LC tho! would be nice

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention it looks like it might be a spur buckle?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread