OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
My wife is a copywriter and big into marketing surveys and information about which ads work and which don't. Funny, as cute as ads are, sometimes, it seems that advertising copy on most of those memorable commercials doesn't get increased sales.

I think it might be because they are so occupied with getting your attention that they neglect to actively identify their product. They should have the name of the product across the bottom of the screen during the whole commercial. Just a thought, Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg Notice how easy it is to identify my posts?

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of times, I watch the commercial and I remember it. But I forget the company. I guess that's not very effective. I can remember which beer comes from the land of sky blue waters. But I can't remember which one made Milwaukee famous!! Showing my age now

The movie clip is from O Brother where art thou....a pretty good flick...Dapper Dan LOL

I've noticed the dumb males in the ads too. It's OK, I'm not that insecure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
A lot of times, I watch the commercial and I remember it. But I forget the company. I guess that's not very effective. I can remember which beer comes from the land of sky blue waters. But I can't remember which one made Milwaukee famous!! Showing my age now

The movie clip is from O Brother where art thou....a pretty good flick...Dapper Dan LOL

I've noticed the dumb males in the ads too. It's OK, I'm not that insecure.

The dumb male ads are directed at the women telling them that men are not smart enough to be the new pres. Get the picture? Frank...-
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My tv recognizes who is in the room and tailors the commercials to the person. Now thats scary.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
My tv recognizes who is in the room and tailors the commercials to the person. Now thats scary.

Find that small hidden camera lens, take a small piece of black tape, and cover it! LOL Frank...-
111-2 700.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread