Compadre finds silver.

rob0260

Apr 4, 2014
I took my new Compadre out to a park and tot lot for a quick 45 minute hunt. Not much in the park but the tot lot yielded a couple of keepers. I found a 1944 penny so there could be some silver coins there too. Also found a flattened clad quarter. How it got flattened or how it got there is anybodys guess. My best was 3 small charms in the same hole and the heart charm was marked "ster". I am really starting to love this simple machine and how sensitive it is compared to my ace 250. HH. Rob.

Attachments

• 1471027672725.jpg
    1471027672725.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1471027691905.jpg
    1471027691905.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 1471027709078.jpg
    1471027709078.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 89

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on scoring your first Silver with your new detector! Here's wishing for many more!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Your journey is just beginning.
Want to talk about sensitive, on my first hunt I hit on this thing in some tot lot chips and it sounded as loud and solid as a coin.
Hard to find it, even my pinpointer wouldn't co off unless it was touching it.
This was the first time my jaw dropped but not the last by any means.
A lone bead from the chain off of a nail clipper.

Attachments

• P1010844.jpg
    P1010844.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 80

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
One more thing to illustrate the sensitivity and ability of the Compadre.
In an area near a picnic pavilion, trashy as all get out and an area I have scoured many times in the past I came across this thing.
Nestled between two different pieces of trash it came in loud and clear at the 3:00 area on the disc knob just like a normal zincoln.
Any good target you can pull out of a trash heap is a great one even a zincoln so I bent over to dig it and got another jaw dropping surprise.
Not a zincoln but the smallest, thinnest, lightest precious metal ring I have ever found.
Even between the trash and despite its size it still hit hard like a shallow quarter.
A silver ring at .3 grams.
Not 3 grams...POINT 3 grams.

I have found more chains with my Compadre than any other tool because of this sensitivity, it hits on most links and definitely every clasp no matter how small I have ever run past the coil.
The other pic is the smallest and thinnest silver chain in my collection.
I hit the clasp, not the one with the ring the other end and luckily I usually hunt way down low into iron or all metal and thumb the disc knob up to figure out my targets or I would have missed it.
At the R in iron it hit big...at the O it was completely silent.

There is a reason many consider this one legendary...many, actually, and this hyper sensitivity is just one of them.
Even though I don't pull it out all the time when I do use it are usually special times for me.
I will never let mine go.

Attachments

• P1020244_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    P1020244_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 77
  • P1050480 (1).jpg
    P1050480 (1).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Congrats! The Compadre is a kick butt detector for good reason.

tabman

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you, rob......there are a many more discoveries for you and that Compadre in the future. Mine has me spoiled.......a great little coin shooter, but has versatility for relic hunting, too!! Yepper......I regularly find little bits of metal with the Compadre. The one that amazed me was a 9/16" wire staple at 5" in moist soil.........and it was a good steady signal........

Last edited:

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still can't bring up the pics but that is from living out in the sticks. Congrats,on the finds.I will always keep my compadre as well. I was fortunate to start off with the compadre.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..Yepper....I regularly find little bits of metal with the Compadre. The one that amazed me was a 9/16" wire staple at 5" in moist soil.........and it was a good steady signal........

...It still amazes me when I get a solid staple signal several inches down! Just goes to show you, if there's small gold or silver down there, your Tesoro will find it! I'm not using the Compadres any more, but my kids are. My daughter has the 5.75 with her right now on a camping trip. ^_^

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice group of silver charms, congratulations! :occasion14:

wolfdog

Sep 24, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know that after everyone see's what you are finding,:icon_thumleft: they are going to want one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread