Complete Shoe Buckle, Waterloo Button, 1862 IH,

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2015 started with a complete shoe buckle in January and will end with one. I believe this is the 11th of the season and 4th or 5th complete from 2015. I also found 3 buttons in one hole. One with a Waterloo June 1815 backmark with a drum on the back. Also a couple of mysteries. One pewter with design and the other brass and circular. Not a clue what they are. Hope everyone has a great New Years
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
All of the complete buckles to date. My favorite relic to find by far
image.jpeg

Upvote 16

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds brother!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abster i just can't believe how many full buckles you found in a short amount of time..:headbang:
I know hunters who have been detecting for years and still want a full one..I have have been blessed with dozens myself.Some people they just cling to..

~Blaze~
The T2 seems to love those deep relics Blaze. I think the fact that I hunt a lot of old riverbanks helps. Some of these spots are pretty rough and I can see losing a shoe/buckle. I'm just amazed when they're complete though. Seems like you'd know and pick it up.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, another killer buckle for that growing collection :thumbsup: Awesome hunt man. I don't know how you manage to keep finding these things complete, but I'm more than impressed and really cant wait to see what you find next. Its only a matter of time before a ornate silver one ends up under your coil.

Brad a silver shoe buckle would be a dream find for me. Along with an early American silver ��! Come spring I'm headed back to my secret island for some super early silver. I'm making a screen now that I found that 1600s homestead area. Can't wait!!!!

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great buckle. You're kicking butt on those. Was this a woods? I probably stand little chance of getting a complete shoe buckle from the fields. The area where we are now has some vast woods along the creek so once hunting season is done we'll try some oft hat out. Only 1/2 hour from home too and settled in the 1660s.

Awbsro2017

Dec 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett AT Pro, equinox 800, Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW very cool.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buckle. You're kicking butt on those. Was this a woods? I probably stand little chance of getting a complete shoe buckle from the fields. The area where we are now has some vast woods along the creek so once hunting season is done we'll try some oft hat out. Only 1/2 hour from home too and settled in the 1660s.

Hey buddy 88% of these have come from historic riverbanks or island sites. Most with beautiful sandy soil. Wish I could pull more silver coins from these areas lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one !
Not really surprised you got it, but at same time surprise you don't have 8 instead of 7. Yeah just a bad joke. You'll have 8 soon enough.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That shoe buckle is perfect Abe! Love the Waterloo button as well. The piece with the triangle went on a keg spigot / barrel tap. The key would have fit through that triangular opening. Here are some examples. Bill D dug a triangle type key, but most are double slotted.

Thanks Steve for the info, now I know.

Nice way of finishing the season of Abe with a keeper that puts a smile on your face. All the best in the New Year, make more, work less, get out more often. :)

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're buckle collection is looking great Ahab, that new one is a beauty!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the years go on I'm sure you'll find many centerpiece showstopper type finds, and all these old buckles will certainly make for a great display around them. The fact you can find them intact also means you could find a Rev War pewter without much edge loss, or a thin shako plate that's not twisted and broken into pieces. I'm sure one day this little advantage of no tractor plowing through will pay off in the 8 of spades.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread