concentrate sluice set up help

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have 8' of rain gutter some black ribbed matting and a 800 gph pump. My question is how much flow and angle are necessary to run properly. I have a 1 gallon about 1/4 full of black sand that has some fine gold in it. Help please.

Set it up with about 1" of drop per foot and start experimenting. Sounds like you already have some good material to test and retest with until you get it right. Also remember to classify that material before running it. Different sizes may need different angles and amounts of water flow...complicated but many find it fun. Not me, I just use a finish pan after classifying but to each his own right?!

OP
OP
T

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree to each his own I have sluiced all the material and it's just black sand and some very fine gold just hoping to get every last bit LOL. It took 3 trips and 3 different spots to finally find some gold just over a grain weight from 5 buckets sluiced but it could have been 1 piece and I would have been just as excited to see color finally getting it dialed in but more work is needed to get it right. Thanks treasure net members for all the help so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread