Cool Finds - Thrift Stores and Flea Market

RondaS

Greenie
Apr 19, 2016
Clarksburg, WV
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All! This is my first post, I hope I do it right! I found some very interesting finds this month! I hope you enjoy!

Edna Lewis oil Paintings.JPG J.  Gould.jpg Wilton Pewter.JPG Old School Books from 1800 and 1900's.jpg small print with brass frame.jpg Back of Brass Frame.jpg Abby Aldrich Rockefeller front.jpg Abby Aldrich Rockefeller back.JPG

1st pic: Signed Edna Lewis Oil Paintings
2nd pic: J. Gould bird print - Wood Victorian Frame
3rd pic: Wilton Pewter serving plate - HEAVY
4th pic: Old school books from 1800's and 1900's
5th pic: Pretty little-framed prints. The frame is heavy...I am thinking brass?. The 6th pic is the back of the frame. The only mark I could find is the word "ITALY." I could find anything on these prints.
7th and 8th - Folk Art from Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, Front and Back

Upvote 5

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Do you resell or buy for yourself? We do have a garage sale and Thrift store forum here as well as one for eBay users. You may want to post your finds in one of those forums next time. The mods may move even this one. The small vintage Italy frames are brass usually, though sometimes they are white metal with a brass finish. The Abby Aldrich Rockefeller piece is interesting.Is it a print or an actual piece of art?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/

Thrift Stores

All Things eBay

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice... boy you dig at high end cellar holes.

OP
OP
R

RondaS

Greenie
Apr 19, 2016
Clarksburg, WV
Primary Interest:
Other
Gaspipe...Not really! I have been very luckyI guess. I like going to the local Mission Thrift Store in Clarksburg West Vriginia and a Flea Market they have in a small town called Shinnston, WV. The Flea Market is set up at a old Drive-In movie theater! Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RondaS

Greenie
Apr 19, 2016
Clarksburg, WV
Primary Interest:
Other
Digummup, Thank You! I usually buy things I like and I can decorate my apt with. I live in an old 1910 renovated hotel that was turned into loft apartments...It is GREAT. But if someone offered me the right price, I would sell! :)

The Rockefeller piece ....it is a print. It looks sorta"decoupaged" onto the wood.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. You could show the American Pickers a thing or two :thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your thrift store/flea mkts are like the ones here, you have to get out before they open the doors to beat the ones that do it for income. I like the books best:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
R

RondaS

Greenie
Apr 19, 2016
Clarksburg, WV
Primary Interest:
Other
If your thrift store/flea mkts are like the ones here, you have to get out before they open the doors to beat the ones that do it for income. I like the books best:icon_thumright:

Thanks! the books are so cool! I don't know how I have been so lucky lately, I'm not a early riser on the weekends and I usually do not have time during the week. I guess the picking God's have been with me and it doesn't hurts that I know a little about what to look for.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice set of finds. The 5th pic of framed prints, unfortunately, aren't as old as they look. They were sold by Princess House company in the 70's. Had the same prints in larger sizes on my walls for years.

OP
OP
R

RondaS

Greenie
Apr 19, 2016
Clarksburg, WV
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice set of finds. The 5th pic of framed prints, unfortunately, aren't as old as they look. They were sold by Princess House company in the 70's. Had the same prints in larger sizes on my walls for years.

Thanks for the information! I could not find anything on them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread