🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Cool Rock Needs a Name!

Apr 20, 2023
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have one, but haven't used it yet. It's a yellow and black one from Amazon. Says like 11" but whatever I look for gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• tret 052 - Copy.jpg
    tret 052 - Copy.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 54
  • tret 053 - Copy.jpg
    tret 053 - Copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
OP
OP
ThrowingStones77
Apr 20, 2023
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have one, but haven't used it yet. It's a yellow and black one from Amazon. Says like 11" but whatever I look for gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, so bauer wins with Fred. There is/was a volcano in the Susquehanna River(PA) not too far away, so maybe a quartz geode of was just rolling in a creek to get the round shape. The rusty minerilization gets me excited for gold in the area. I dug a 5 ft. hole near it and I was surprised to hit blue clay. I put on my gloves and worked the clay in the pan. The clay was super tough to pan, but no gold. I filled in my hole and left. Should I go back? Silver possibly or just lead making it blue? Is it worth it to mess around with super tacky blue clay?

Upvote 1

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice, so bauer wins with Fred. There is/was a volcano in the Susquehanna River(PA) not too far away, so maybe a quartz geode of was just rolling in a creek to get the round shape. The rusty minerilization gets me excited for gold in the area. I dug a 5 ft. hole near it and I was surprised to hit blue clay. I put on my gloves and worked the clay in the pan. The clay was super tough to pan, but no gold. I filled in my hole and left. Should I go back? Silver possibly or just lead making it blue? Is it worth it to mess around with super tacky blue clay?
I think that volcano is called Mount Imaginary.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
ThrowingStones77
Apr 20, 2023
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you may know everything pal, but you are misinformed. Look up Garrett Island volcano and then go find some nails with your metal detector.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread