tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I waited in a traffic jam in Idaho Spring and got to the Eisenhower tunnel only to get in an other long line of cars and trucks I said to heck with it and went over - very cool and windy - Loveland pass. I'm glad I did, because fall in the Rockies is "awesome". The best color change in the trees I saw was on Monarch pass so far and I can I hope to get back to the San Juan mountains as the trees haven't turn yet.

Attachments

• fall 10 16.jpg
    fall 10 16.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • fall 10 17.jpg
    fall 10 17.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
  • fall 10 18.jpg
    fall 10 18.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 56

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Loveland Pass is gorgeous this time of year, but it gets outright
fugly when winter blows in.

The peak on Loveland Pass is as close as we get in the US to touching the sky.

Used to haul a set of doubles from Ks. to Cal., and they were
13'11, meaning I always had to take Loveland Pass because they
wouldn't fit through Eisenhower Tunnel. Spooky ride when you're
80' long, bend in the middle, and slipping and sliding all over the place.
It's a thousand feet down no matter which side of the road you slide
off of.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still traffic jams on I-70...and this is supposed to be the slow season for us in the high country, tr!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loveland Pass is gorgeous this time of year, but it gets outright
fugly when winter blows in.

The peak on Loveland Pass is as close as we get in the US to touching the sky.

Used to haul a set of doubles from Ks. to Cal., and they were
13'11, meaning I always had to take Loveland Pass because they
wouldn't fit through Eisenhower Tunnel. Spooky ride when you're
80' long, bend in the middle, and slipping and sliding all over the place.
It's a thousand feet down no matter which side of the road you slide
off of.
It's a big up & down drop for sure. No doubt you've got nerves of steel hauling a rig like that over the pass. :icon_pale: About 7-8 years ago now my daughter was in the girl scouts and I met a father of one of the other GS at their house. He was a interesting fella who collected old arcade games and and other cool old things, so he and I had some things in common. He was a driver and one night he was teeming with a fella heading over Monarch pass and his pard fell asleep as he was in the back sleeping and that was the end of both of em. Bad deal for a young dad and a darn good father to lose his life like that. I'm coming to tears as I'm writing this and I recall the pain and hurt I saw in that young daughters eyes back then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still traffic jams on I-70...and this is supposed to be the slow season for us in the high country, tr!
I know. Ouray lodging was full up last week and they told me the rates were to drop after August. When I asked why they didn't do as they said, they just said things ain't slowing down. I guess it's "see the aspens change season now" Now that's become a full time Rocky Mountain event that the tourist from afar put on their calendars. I think it's time for me to change careers and get in on this ever increasing business of the tourist industry. I'll get me a bus and on the side it'll say "Tamrock Tours"

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've always had our share of 'leaf gapers', but usually just folks from the Front Range and only on weekends. Stayin steady through the week still. I was down at BV today and after I finally found a place to park you could barely walk in City Market. I can spot locals and these weren't all them. Locals know to go to the grocery store early in the morning on a weekday if possible, too. Still lots of camps along the river north of there. Haven't seen any studies, but I suspect that legal Marijuana is driving some of that visitation. You might have a better logo with 'Tamrock's Magic Bus'. Plus you could just drive back and forth over a one mile stretch of road real slow and your customers would all be happy.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've always had our share of 'leaf gapers', but usually just folks from the Front Range and only on weekends. Stayin steady through the week still. I was down at BV today and after I finally found a place to park you could barely walk in City Market. I can spot locals and these weren't all them. Locals know to go to the grocery store early in the morning on a weekday if possible, too. Still lots of camps along the river north of there. Haven't seen any studies, but I suspect that legal Marijuana is driving some of that visitation. You might have a better logo with 'Tamrock's Magic Bus'. Plus you could just drive back and forth over a one mile stretch of road real slow and your customers would all be happy.
Indeed! Sit back and relax as you puff away and Tamrock will do the driving and I'll play some John Denver Rocky Mountain High for for the passengers in the back as they. I stopped to get something at the BV City Market a last weeks. Can't remember what it was, but sure thing what you said the parking lot was a mess. I parked out by the road. I can never figure out why some folks will cruse around looking for a closer parking spot. I was in and out on my two feet before they finally found that perfect parking spot close to the door. No wonder there's a problem of poor health in this country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions