copper pennies

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 box dimes.....and $$50 brinks rolls.....$100 fed rolls......$ 200 crw = 3 silver rosi's and 1 1967 canadian
1 box pennies = 13 weaties and $ 13 pre 1982 copper pennies

yesterday had $ 6 in 40% just handed to me

not bad....I just started saving copper pennies......have a bucket full of weaties ...didn t hurt 6 years ago when I found $ 8 dollars of weaties from $ 25 worth of cwr !! still not sure how to sell pennies ....figure its extra money for silver though . and hey...when the day is done thats what we r all after ....SILVER ! ! ! ! like breaking up the every day with nickels ...but dimes and halves I love to find !!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
huricanesrul

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats the second box i ve done...so i'm not sure. last box gave me 30 weaties ( oldest being a 1914 ) and about the same on pre 82 . i'm going to go get a bag ( $50 ) from the change machine...still waiting for the halves to fill up !!! average for weat per box was around 12-20 .

GhostCoast

Apr 11, 2012
Gainesville, Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Other
So what is it your doing? Getting boxes? From where? I'm confused but very interested.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
So what is it your doing? Getting boxes? From where? I'm confused but very interested.

Basically, you order boxes of coins from a bank for face value, and then search for silver, or any interesting coins.

Cents = $25 box
Nickels = $100 box
Dimes = $250 box
Quarters (worst to search) = $500 box
Half Dollars (best to search) = $500
Dollars (not commonly searched) = $1000? box

The dollars you would want to search are Eisenhower dollars (the big ones), but you can't find them usually at a bank, and the golden dollars are not worth searching, unless you search for errors.

Read the "Beginners Guide to Coin Roll Hunting" and you can find out more (first thread).

tkessler77

Mar 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Other
I got 284 copper pennies out of my last $25 box in las vegas. 5 wheats. Cashed out the rest for $22.16.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I got 284 copper pennies out of my last $25 box in las vegas. 5 wheats. Cashed out the rest for $22.16.

I know this is off topic, but are those gold sovereigns on the bottom of your avatar? What are the ones on the top?

GhostCoast

Apr 11, 2012
Gainesville, Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Other
Basically, you order boxes of coins from a bank for face value, and then search for silver, or any interesting coins.

Cents = $25 box
Nickels = $100 box
Dimes = $250 box
Quarters (worst to search) = $500 box
Half Dollars (best to search) = $500
Dollars (not commonly searched) = $1000? box

The dollars you would want to search are Eisenhower dollars (the big ones), but you can't find them usually at a bank, and the golden dollars are not worth searching, unless you search for errors.

Read the "Beginners Guide to Coin Roll Hunting" and you can find out more (first thread).

Thanks! Heading to the first thread now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread