Corinth MS

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Hey all I live in the Corinth area and know that everything around here has been hunted a million times over, but I also know there have to be places that have rarely seen a detector and was wondering if anyone on here lives close enough to let me tag along on a relic hunt or maybe point me in the direction of a place to go. I'm still pretty new and don't have many places to hunt besides some of the old hunted out spots that turn an occasional bullet but after 6hrs of hunting and only one bullet it gets a lil discouraging. Thanks.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Hey JW, we all know how it feels like to hunt for hours and come up with nothing except one
metal object. How old is your town? Old enough to have silver coins and plenty of other types
of worthwhile metal objects I bet. Do you know anyone who lives in the oldest part of town?
Yards are the best places to find them. You can also go to the old business sections early on
the weekend and hunt all the grassy areas while no traffic is around. As long as you're not on
private property no one should mind. Luck to ya.

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
It was the main front of the civil war in the south. The confederates supply line was the two railroads that intersected here. Lots of civil war relics have come from this town but everyone and his brother here have a metal detector and have for years not to mention all the ones that have come from out of town to hunt down the relics. There aren't many yards that haven't been hunted those that haven't the owners won't let ya. I have a few places to go and have been having a little luck here and there.

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Oh and Corinth was established in 1853. So yea there are some silver laying around and even some gold coins here and there. Was said a guy pulled out a $20 gold piece a couple months ago in town location unknown of course. Have to be careful where you hunt around town here as some of the older part of town is protected even with homeowners permission it could still be illegal to dig there......

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
JW, have you tried looking for hunting partners on the Mississippi Forum? Just scroll down to
the USA states section.

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Didn't know anything about it. Haven't really looked the site over much. I'll check it out thanks!

bikemachanic

Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pine lodge in Shiloh, across the road from lee's store near 350, old wagon road half mile behind carl tuckers house in acton,the old drive-in at state line old 45, old road extended by perry hood's place and liddens lake pool. get permission!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions