Could this b KGC

esutherland2001

Greenie
Dec 24, 2007
i stumbled across a knife sticking out of a tree. It has been in there a long time for the handle has fallen apart. I have detected close(around and out to bout 100 yards from tree and nothing), looked for carvings and nothing. If this is kgc which direction should i go, towards the way the handle is pointing or the way the tip is pointing? the knife is exactly 6' in the tree, and from my understanding the distance from ground to knife could be used to determine distance to next sign or pointer. i recently found out about a cave on the adjoining property. from discriptions of location of property it could be fairly close to the direction that the knife tip is pointing and bout 600 yards(guestimat) away. only 1 person that i know of knows where this cave is. noone in area has ever heard of its existince. It just happens to be on a river. or am i just getting overly excited bout this?
any help would b appreciated.

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i have heard about knifes in trees . find that cave. usually near brooks or rivers. if its in hanover mass . then no its not kgc its my cousin he slammed a knife into a tree because he was bored. ruined a dang nice g.i knife

OP
OP
E

esutherland2001

Greenie
Dec 24, 2007
yeah the river is pretty close. going to go look for it this weekend once i get permission. will mark coordinates on gps and c its relevance to the tree with knife in it. there are big boulders and almost a shear drop off close where the cave is. can see them from my property. oh its not in ma

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exployer II, Xterra 30
It could be KGC, Masons, or someone just throwing a knife. If it is a treasure site there will be other clues in the area. Look for bent trees, pointed rocks, wire placed in the ground at certain equal distances in a line. I live close to you....there is KGC activity is this area. They did not leave many carvings on rocks in this area....mainly bent trees and metal in the ground. They were very good at hiding the loot. Good luck

treasuredawg

OP
OP
E

esutherland2001

Greenie
Dec 24, 2007
there are several hoot owl or bent trees in area. in the direction that the handle is pointing about 60 feet away found some old barb wire underground that was it. how close are you to me?

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
I live at Norfork. I hope you did not move the barb wire. That is what they used in this area. It was cheap and accessible. A definite clue. It could have been straight or have some sort of bend in it indicating a direction. It was probably 66 feet away since they usually used multiples of 3. Check in a line another 66 feet from the wire and the opposite side of the tree....also any distances in muliples of 33.....11 steps or 22 steps (3 feet in step). Be very careful removing any metal from the groud I have messed up many clues before I knew about this.

OP
OP
E

esutherland2001

Greenie
Dec 24, 2007
treasuredog you seem to be pretty informed on a lot of this info. have you seen my pics on the what is it forum. i found a tree with 3 x's carved into it. there are a ton of bent hoot owl trees on this property. all pointing in different direction it seems like. have not detected this area yet, have to wait til ground thaws out. we might need to get together sometime and look for something. i need another treasure hunting buddy. got one good story i am lookn into around my area.

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
66 feet is a very good idea. i found buried metal at 66 feet from a drill hole one object was due north from the hole . one was 330 degrees from hole also at 66 feet. i drew a circle 66 feet many carvings fell on that circle as was metal objects. this is the first i heard about wire being a clue. im glad i kept the wire i found it was twisted like baling wire . i had no idea . i also found several bars of metal some had small bends like an arc.

OP
OP
E

esutherland2001

Greenie
Dec 24, 2007
went out today to put some markers on my gps and i measured around tree. it was roughly 60 feet to where i found some barb wire. but after looking at the blade it had a small bend at the very end. i looked towards the direction the bend was pointing to and 44 steps away i found a hoot owl(bent tree) iwill post the pics of the blade and the tree later after i download them. oh the guy that was with me when we found the barb wire said that he had found an old wagon wheel and propped it up against a tree. i could not find it today. it was real close to the blade.

OP
OP
E

esutherland2001

Greenie
Dec 24, 2007
here are the pics
# is the knife in tree. you can notice that the end has a slight curve in it. if you go direction of bend 44 steps, then you arrive at pic #2
hope to follow it later
knife006.jpg

knife007.jpg

there was no markings on the tree.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Hello!!!
Top pic has owl head, in center of pic yellow orange area above branch shadow, also duckhead at center with branch shadow at top of head, look 1 inch below, duckhead is looking at us with two shadowy eyes and curved bill. Also dukhead is at center forehead of another owlhead, with shadow of branch helping to frame top of head and horns these people were incredible! Numeras faces on tree. I think handle was deliberately broken off and bent, Shadow of knife on tree cast shadow of duck looking down.

Bottom pic two trees on right has numerus faces all seem to be looking to left,bent tree also with faces too many to be natural faces. Center tree from top down about 1 inch there is duckhead made with branches looking down and left. Fallen log should have something on it, those bent branches bent down and touching it is telling you something is shown there, direction and other things. Walk around these, sit and study, walk around sit and study, take much pics, things show up on pics you can not see in person. You will see them. Good Luck!! TD

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D ANOTHER thing to be "mindful" of... is/are the SHADOW(S) cast by the "moving" sun, going EAST to WEST, (RISING & SETTING SUN); it changes (SUMMER & WINTER). That knife MAY be sorta like a "sighting pole"... "where the shadow falls, who knows? BUT! The SHADOW!!!" :D ;)

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Use your detector and check in front of the pointer....go in that direction if you don't hit something soon....go 660 ft. there will be another bent tree or blazed tree. Is the pointer tree split in the back....if it is check in that direction....you will find a clue. I repeat do not move the metal, wire or otherwise, take your time and do not move it. It is very important on degrees, distance, etc. You are in a grid. Too bad your friend moved the Wagon wheel. The grids are wheels, like a wagon wheel, it would have gave you the direction of the spokes. This is not easy. A lot of work and every clue is important. Good Luck.

treasuredawg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions