tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my truck to the shop this morning to have them checkout the clutch hydraulic system as it just doesn't feel right. Having no ride home I put my bike in the back and took a round about way home. I saw this egret in the creek from one end under an overpass, so I stopped and walked to the other end so it wouldn't see me and was able to sneak up close enough to get a couple pictures as it was busy catching minnows in the creek before he saw me and flew off. The hawk is the one who just finished up on a little garter snake where I zoomed in further on it I didn't post with the others I did as it gulped down the snake. I did see a kingfisher along the creek but, was unsuccessful at getting a shot. I'd zoom out and then couldn't find it in the viewer and look up and see the branch it was on and try again and still couldn't find it in the viewer and looked over the camera one more time and saw it was still there and seeing some landmarks to move the viewer in on he dropped down in the creek and flew to the next tree down the creek. I moved a little closer to it's new perch and I did the same thing have trouble once again spotting it through the viewer, before it move on further from my location. I just couldn't get a clean shot of that rascal, but I've seen it in that area of the creek a few times now and maybe I'll just need to get there before the sun comes up and stake out a nice place to wait on crazy little bird :icon_scratch:. The last picture is a panoramic view of the creek below and the town I live I took from a hill to the east of town.

Attachments

• egret 1.jpg
    egret 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • egret 2.jpg
    egret 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • hawk on house 082616.jpg
    hawk on house 082616.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 53
  • egret 4.jpg
    egret 4.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 66

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are nice shots. I expect that kingfisher pic soon:tongue3: Is that your bike path in the pic of your town?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The closest road in the pic is a oil well access road. The bike trail is closer to the trees along the creek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread