Couple of flake blades

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I find more of these than anything else. Most are broken but these 2 look to be whole. Most are used once then tossed. I don’t find many really large ones these are about as long as they get. Side profiles didn’t come out but they are very thin. If you have any you can post yours. I found these this year I’m sure I will find more.

Attachments

• IMG_2877.jpeg
    IMG_2877.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2876.jpeg
    IMG_2876.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 6

GDub62

Feb 2, 2022
Georgia
I find more of these than anything else. Most are broken but these 2 look to be whole. Most are used once then tossed. I don’t find many really large ones these are about as long as they get. Side profiles didn’t come out but they are very thin. If you have any you can post yours. I found these this year I’m sure I will find more.
I love the color of these and others you find like that. Haven't seen it at all down here. What material did you say that was again?

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I love the color of these and others you find like that. Haven't seen it at all down here. What material did you say that was again?
It can usually be one of these 2 types. Knox or Ridge and Valley chert. Both come in different colors but Knox is usually a black.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Pretty material đź‘Ť
I know they aren’t that exciting. But I do find a lot of them. I’m not sure where they were finding the cobbles big enough to make flakes this long.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another I’ve been meaning to get around to, really need to get my pics organized and in the same place so I can find things but last time I looked I had 120,000 photos, not all rocks but sheer numbers it’s going to take forever. For now this is what I could find easily first one I like a lot, it’s been posted here before I think the idea was it’s not definitely paleo in itself but it is common to paleo tool kits
IMG_8025.jpeg
IMG_8023.jpeg
IMG_8024.jpeg
IMG_8022.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread