Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather in NC was just awesome this weekend. The daffodils are blooming and the high temps were in the 60s.

I slipped out on Saturday morning to meet Todd Lipe and Smittyman for a little hunt. We had a couple of places lined up, mostly old houses and tear downs. It was a full day of hunting, and a good time was had by all.

I was able to scratch up 5 Wheaties and 2 Rosies... both silvers are dated 1957.

I was also able to find a dollhouse candelabra! I was able to ID it off of Goggle. You just never know what will appear when you start to dig holes.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• IMG_20150307_195950_606-1.jpg
    IMG_20150307_195950_606-1.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20150307_195804_902-1.jpg
    IMG_20150307_195804_902-1.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 8

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves. Had a great time sat. Hunting with you and smittyman. Thanks for the invite and for all the good sites to hunt.

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I had a good time as well tho my feelings are still hurt from Tom's constant complaining about my driving and the fact that my little sterling ring doesn't hold a candle to Tom's 2 Rosie's or Todd's 2 Tootsie toys!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There ya go again.... Good finds. Please stay in your state we couldn't take the silver loss down here. :)

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There ya go again.... Good finds. Please stay in your state we couldn't take the silver loss down here. :)

We actually ventured into SC last week, just barely into SC, maybe 2 miles. It took me all day to find 2 Rosies... at that rate, it will take me quite awhile to put dent in the SC silver population. You on other hand, are quite the silver finding machine... YOU better stay out of NC!

I will see you in a couple of weeks at Deus Bootcamp! GL&HH!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs tom, glad to see ya put making some finds, I should be out in a week or so

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's good practice for real silvers Tom. J/k, lol. Very nice finds. You're still on track for another great silver year.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom I'm starting to worry with all the silver you are amassing that you may actually be one of the Hunt brothers. BTW what happened to the gold that you were supposed to find last weekend? Are you holding out on us? :notworthy:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt!!

Did you find the wheats or the silver first? Seems where there's wheats the silver always follows and it's usually dimes.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt!!

Did you find the wheats or the silver first? Seems where there's wheats the silver always follows and it's usually dimes.

We went to several different places. Rosie at the first spot, couple of Wheaties at the next, then another spot yielded the second Rosie and a three wheatie spill. It was a long tough day, but I got two silvers, so I better not complain.

You should be back up and running shortly, can hardly wait to see all of the finds! GL&HH!

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom I'm starting to worry with all the silver you are amassing that you may actually be one of the Hunt brothers. BTW what happened to the gold that you were supposed to find last weekend? Are you holding out on us? :notworthy:

I have only found 1 gold ring. I just don't dig enough of the mid tones to have a good shot at the gold. Too many pull tabs for a lazy fellow like me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread