Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nearby pasture I've hunted with little luck. It's always bothered me that I haven't found a keeper since it is my closest field site. Studying the plats and historic map/Google overlays showed a house further south than where I've been hunting. I think now there were two home sites in the area. Headed out last evening (over the creek, through the woods, under the electric fence) for a 1.5 hour hunt before dusk. First dug a small jackknife pretty deep. Eventually got a good signal and pulled out a dime sized coin. I try not to rub silver coins when they are dirty, so I put it away for later. But I was pretty sure by the faint pattern I could just see that it was at least a Barber. (it was getting dark)

Back home I was pumped to see the 1876 date. Bonzai! The research pays off. :icon_thumleft:

Had a herd of 12 deer get quite close when I was kneeling down digging, trying to figure out if I was man or beast. :laughing7:

HH,
Michiganne

P1230026 (1024x935).jpg
P1230030 (1024x774).jpg
P1230039 (1024x705).jpg

Last edited:
That's a good hunt! Again,good job on the homework. Congrats on the seated:icon_thumright:

WOOO HOOO!!!!! WTG Anne. Any mint mark? Congrats! :headbang:

Beautiful seated Anne. That one item makes the trek and research worth while. Great job!

Nice piece!

SWEEEEEEETT! Seated. Awesome. :love8: the brown smiley is the seated dime youre the other one I dont know is that weird

SWEEEEEEETT! Seated. Awesome. :love8: the brown smiley is the seated dime youre the other one I dont know is that weird

LOL Too funny, J. :laughing7: I am used to lots of weirdness around here, not a problem! :icon_shaking2:

HH

Nice dime Michiganne...looks like a great place to hunt, sure theres more out there.

Wow great finds. Good research! HH

Research pays off!!! WTG Anne - huge congrats on the Seated!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back