CptBil's Florida Cache?

ncFloridaBum

Dec 19, 2016
Starke, FL
Detector(s) used
Five finger probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got on a roll today at work reading posts from CptBil. I saw where he had mentioned knowledge of "He never did say what" in 2 locations in FL.
One, he thought to be submerged in 20' of water either right off the coast or in an intercoastal waterway. The other in a small body of water or swamp.
I remember him saying that his research of the first led him to discover the existence of the second. Also, he mentioned traveling to Washington DC as part of this research.

I was saddened to read of his passing. I grew to admire his character sense of humor thru his posts.

So did this secret die with him?

Anyone have any leads or knowledge on this? Ideas even? I live Just north of Gainesville and have a diverse multitude of resources available, if anyone would like to get in on this one with me.

...Doc?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got on a roll today at work reading posts from CptBil. I saw where he had mentioned knowledge of "He never did say what" in 2 locations in FL.
One, he thought to be submerged in 20' of water either right off the coast or in an intercoastal waterway. The other in a small body of water or swamp.
I remember him saying that his research of the first led him to discover the existence of the second. Also, he mentioned traveling to Washington DC as part of this research.

I was saddened to read of his passing. I grew to admire his character sense of humor thru his posts.

So did this secret die with him?

Anyone have any leads or knowledge on this? Ideas even? I live Just north of Gainesville and have a diverse multitude of resources available, if anyone would like to get in on this one with me.

...Doc?
Are his post here on t-net ? Sure would like to here those stories. I remember hearing something about a cache in the intracoastal waterway near pines beach ft. Pierce. A chest sunk in the swamp on the riverside of the barrier island.

OP
OP
ncFloridaBum

ncFloridaBum

Dec 19, 2016
Starke, FL
Detector(s) used
Five finger probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are his post here on t-net ? Sure would like to here those stories. I remember hearing something about a cache in the intracoastal waterway near pines beach ft. Pierce. A chest sunk in the swamp on the riverside of the barrier island.

Yes. I think he discussed it on the thread "Swamp Gold".

He struck me as maybe one to exaggerate a little, but it seems there would be some degree of merit to his claim. He was a pretty legit hunter from what I gather.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the t-net ncFloridabum, I actually poked around in that area while fishing on the riverside. Of coarse on the beach side there is douglas beach where many pieces of treasure have been found. I couldnt remember if that chest was opposite douglas or pines beach, but it makes more since that if it were there that it would be closer to douglas beach where a known 1715 wreck site is.i often have wonderd about detecting on the riverside of the wrecksite beaches? Especially up at McLarty museum where the island is very thin. If there were a large salvage camp there then they would have used the river side for gathering clams and oysters.or maybe even loading long boats with treasure when the oceanside was rough. Could be a good spot to MD ? Ill check out the swamp gold thread, thanks.

OP
OP
ncFloridaBum

ncFloridaBum

Dec 19, 2016
Starke, FL
Detector(s) used
Five finger probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the t-net ncFloridabum, I actually poked around in that area while fishing on the riverside. Of coarse on the beach side there is douglas beach where many pieces of treasure have been found. I couldnt remember if that chest was opposite douglas or pines beach, but it makes more since that if it were there that it would be closer to douglas beach where a known 1715 wreck site is.i often have wonderd about detecting on the riverside of the wrecksite beaches? Especially up at McLarty museum where the island is very thin. If there were a large salvage camp there then they would have used the river side for gathering clams and oysters.or maybe even loading long boats with treasure when the oceanside was rough. Could be a good spot to MD ? Ill check out the swamp gold thread, thanks.

I've thought about that too. If you ever want to give it a go, I'd be happy to join you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread