CRH Cents/ Dimes

pennynoob

Jul 14, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi fellow chr's. I have now gone through 3400 cents and found 14 wheats the oldest being 1919 . I have also found one 2000 wide am and a few other errors. I have gone through 500 half dollars and have found nothing so I just figure most of the silver in my area is gone.

SHOULD I CONTINUE DOING CENTS AND START TRYING DIMES??? ARE DIMES GOOD FOR SILVER???????

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
500 halves isn't enough of a sample to know that there's no silver where you are. The folks who do halves regularly have streaks of $3000-4000 or more where they get nothing, but then they find a good box. You really have to stick with it. Same with dimes, but to a lesser extent.

OP
OP
P

pennynoob

Jul 14, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
When looking in dimes should i just look at the rims and not check the dates?

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When looking in dimes should i just look at the rims and not check the dates?

Sounds like an awesome plan! And I'll take the dumps off your hands and get what you missed. Honestly, I've found about a dozen silver dimes by date checking AFTER I checked rims.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like an awesome plan! And I'll take the dumps off your hands and get what you missed. Honestly, I've found about a dozen silver dimes by date checking AFTER I checked rims.

If you check every coin that is not CLEARLY clad, you will not miss any. Even if you do, the sound check will show that you have a silver in your hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread