CRH Errors

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious about the errors people have found while searching rolled coins or bank teller finds. Any cool stuff besides minor doubling of coins. Ie.. nickel stuck on quarter, major off centers, wrong planchets, several coins minted together, etc.... I saw a half fist sized wad of new nickels once as a kid that were all mashed up together, she said they found them sometimes in the bags from the mint but they were required to send them back for destroying.

I found some off centered wheat pennies as a kid, and recently 2-1977 no FG halves, and a Susan B that the reverse is not covered in nickel as it should be.

Upvote 0

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only error i found is a 1998 wide AM, guy at my work has a 90 degree rotated shield nickel no date though

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
image-4162343019.jpg

image-503695345.jpg

2 awesome brockage errors!!!

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are brockage errors rare? I have some old wheat pennies that look like they are splitting in half, is that what they are?

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will try and get them up here soon Coppercrazy. Think i should have some time maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, after classes and not working.

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coppercrazy, I got around to getting those pictures of the pennies. They probably aren't much, saved them when i was a kid just because they were different, if you know anything about them i'm all ears. I will post them in the coins forum though since this has turned more into coins info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread