CRH Gold?! Post your best find / strategy.

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone found GOLD CRH? I see in coolcash2004's http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-beginners-guide-coin-roll-hunting-terms.html that he found some GOLD in a box of quarters. I am enticed by the possibility. I have found all sorts of cool silver, no GOLD coins yet.

Are there some denominations of coins that might have GOLD? (based on the size of the gold coins vs clad) How about teller trays? I bought a bunch of golden SAC dollars today hoping a GOLD eagle might show up. I think I have a new niche to find CRH. - JJ

Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found plenty of gold CRHing. Its all a few microns thick though, on the outside of some clad halves. The quarter eagle is close to the size of a dime, the half eagle is a few mm smaller than a quarter, the gold eagle is much bigger then a half. That said, I have found quarters, SBAs, and modern gold dollar coins in half rolls. Anything is possible, but I bet the biggest chance you have of finding gold is in a coin machine reject tray or a teller tray.

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Anything is possible, but I bet the biggest chance you have of finding gold is in a coin machine reject tray or a teller tray.

I think the reject tray/trash bin is the best place to look, too. I have a few banks I may have enough favor at to not only fill the bag, but then be put up with enough to ask for permission to rummage the trash tray inside.

What is killing me is to think that in most modern coin machines the trash tray is grabbing the only GOLD in circulation, and more than likely getting thrown out (and probably grabbed by the happy janitor) or in the dump. Imagine? Or the tellers are grabbing it.

Anyone else find any gold coins or thoughts? Thanks, Jonathan

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a couple people have claimed to have found gold CRHing, and even gold rings in the reject trays of machines....not sure I ever saw pics of the claimed coins???

I do recall someone finding a gold class ring and being able to return it to its rightful owner, that was pretty epic IMHO!

HH,
Bigheed

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a sterling tiffany ring in the trash container inside a machine a while back. Teller thought it couldnt be real. It was. Maybe the same would go for gold coins? Maybe purchases from tellers might include a gold? The possibility is so tempting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread