CTX 3030 Civil War relic hunting tips

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know that particular machine.....but at a civil war site I'd set it wide open and dig everything.....even the old iron items could be keepers.

Regards + HH

Bill

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75 will eat it up..good luck!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to the hunt I think you may be attending, the solis there are going to be very hot. You will want to enable ground balance and ground balance very often. Since I see the large coil in your pict I'll mention this: Due to the mineralization, the large coils don't seem to work as well as smaller ones... They "see" too much mineralization which further hampers performance. The better coil would be the stock coil or even better the Coiltek 10x5...

Just about everything that is buried below about 5" will sound like iron in that soil... So you need to be prepared to dig everything.

Of course if you aren't going to be in Culpeper, the hot ground isn't a factor and you will find bullets around 12" with the CTX- maybe even deeper. They will have a conductive number around 32-34. Buttons will be quite a bit lower.

If you do end up at the JGD hunt, I'll be sure to say hello if I see ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread