maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thought I'd show you what I got from a gas station I stop at to fill my equipment all the time, the manager knows i collect coins. He collects stuff too, but always gives me any foriegn stuff he gets in, he said some guy had just left and used these as 2 quarters. I've never seen anything like them before, pretty cool addition to the foreign coin jar I've got going on. Thanks for looking, and as allways, Good luck to everyone hunting today! Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5222.JPG
    DSCN5222.JPG
    739.5 KB · Views: 739
  • DSCN5223.JPG
    DSCN5223.JPG
    866.7 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thought I'd show you what I got from a gas station I stop at to fill my equipment all the time, the manager knows i collect coins. He collects stuff too, but always gives me any foriegn stuff he gets in, he said some guy had just left and used these as 2 quarters. I've never seen anything like them before, pretty cool addition to the foreign coin jar I've got going on. Thanks for looking, and as allways, Good luck to everyone hunting today! Maverick.

Cool stuff! :icon_thumleft: How much foreign coinage do you have?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many of those it takes to buy a Cuban cigar?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find, they are cool coins indeed, and with the US embargo with cuba, it's something we just don't see every day :icon_thumleft:
hh
buff

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool stuff! :icon_thumleft: How much foreign coinage do you have?

Probably about 2 cups worth now, I just throw it all in there, unless I find something really cool. Maverick

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
maverick said:
Probably about 2 cups worth now, I just throw it all in there, unless I find something really cool. Maverick

That's pretty cool. I love finding foreign coins. Just anything unique and out of the ordinary puts a smile on my face. I have a small Altoids tin full of foreign coins that I got after my dad passed away. He traveled a lot when he was in the army and got a lot of different stuff from Vietnam and some from the friends he made overseas during the service.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my first canadian dime back the other day. It was at the famous amana colonies off of interstate 80 in Iowa. Figured it easily was brought there as it is one of the most traveled highways

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
These are cool, it is the Convertible peso. Cuba has a convertible peso, and a regular peso. The convertible peso is pegged to the dollar, so your coin is worth 25 cents. With this type of peso, they can buy whatever goods they like. A regular peso can only buy basic needs. Cubans can only get convertible pesos through tourists, so you should give them some if you ever go.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
These are cool, it is the Convertible peso. Cuba has a convertible peso, and a regular peso. The convertible peso is pegged to the dollar, so your coin is worth 25 cents. With this type of peso, they can buy whatever goods they like. A regular peso can only buy basic needs. Cubans can only get convertible pesos through tourists, so you should give them some if you ever go.

Thanks Sag, I do appreciate your knowledge of coins, I must say, I see you are allways qwik on the threads with an ID and info on what everybody posts. Very cool of you, I would hope other people appreciate it too. Just lettin you know I do. Thanks again, Maverick.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

are they actually restricted with what they can purchase, or do the regular pesos just have less purchasing power. It sounds like if they can pretty much only get regular pesos then all goods and services would be based on them. Cool info, just curious

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions