Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ask "Got any half dollar coins around here?" And the teller will check her tray, and if you're lucky, she'll ask all the other tellers :) I don't have any rolls around here, noone has halves. but sometimes a handful will end up in the bank.
Good Luck!
Wicka

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Normally, CWR are scarce around these parts... I normally ask for any half dollars they have. When they ask, "how much?" I reply, "all of them"... which usually produces 7.50 cents of clad from the teller tray. While they are momentarily stunned by this request, I'll say, "I'll take any half dollars you have, loose, rolls, or in boxes...."

Went to a new bank to score some future boxes, and got 9 CWR's... I was so surprised by them, I left the bank without my $50.00 change... scored my first Ben in the CWR.... and went back a half hour later for my change...

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys! Gonna get 60$ in halves after school on Monday!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ask for halves. Ask to check the vault and ask tellers. Also ask for big dollars (not gold ones). Then ask for CWR rolls if you have the option.

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yo...gimme thoze halves! Quit stallin. Naw, I don't want tha whole rollz. Open em up and gimme tha silver and keep tha cladz! Does that sound about right Em?

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Okie115 said:
Yo...gimme thoze halves! Quit stallin. Naw, I don't want tha whole rollz. Open em up and gimme tha silver and keep tha cladz! Does that sound about right Em?

Haha! Eminem would be proud!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask loud enough to the teller about half dollars(without yelling)... usually the other tellers around will hear you and quickly run up to the teller window and offer you their halves. works almost every time ;)

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Josephiking said:
When I get halves from the bank do I ask "Can I get customer wrapped rolls?" or will the teller just look at me weird? I heard that CWR are the best so asking for advise! :)

Extra update: I'm only 11 so I usually get about 60-70$ in coins

Dawg they WILL have customer wrapped rolls. If they say they don't they are lying. Just ask where they keep da good halves. If they say they don't have any or don't know what you're talking about start screaming and give them 100 dollars in pennies to count. Works for me...

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Eminem said:
Dawg they WILL have customer wrapped rolls. If they say they don't they are lying. Just ask where they keep da good halves. If they say they don't have any or don't know what you're talking about start screaming and give them 100 dollars in pennies to count. Works for me...

100$ in pennies to count!?! Wow.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
ask loud enough to the teller about half dollars(without yelling)... usually the other tellers around will hear you and quickly run up to the teller window and offer you their halves. works almost every time ;)

True!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions